Gibson Brands Forums

Wow, this is unusual.

DAS44

Went to GC today to replace my cable. They replaced it free, simple no questions asked, just sent me up there. I later had a conversation with one of the employees, he was gracious.... I was confused. He was funny too I was alone BTW no mommy or daddy to fund this crap. So I had him get a few guitars. He didnt so much as grimace, he even cracked a joke or two. I dunno.... He's either a really good liar or an unusual GC employee. Anyways.

To the point of this thread

So I got to playin one of them mahogany strats. Holy crap! Even for a beat up, dried fretboard it was amazing. Thing sounded great I went through the gamut bell-like cleans (my forte), heavier gain it worked well. The strings were light for my tastes but thats expected. I loved the sound (and look but thats not important to me). It was great! My only issue is the neck, thin for my tastes, I love a big neck, just how I am... Anyone else gotten to play one o them?

I've gone through my Strat stage and really don't find them interesting anymore.

Mine worked well for a few years, but I don't miss it and have no plans to buy another. Glad you found a nice one.

Buy it.......

Believe it or not, the Guitar Center Employee Handbook doesn't force employees to be stupid and unfriendly.

They have their own personalities.

I could walk into Guitar Center and get a job anytime I want, and I'm not going to start treating people like crap.

Bad employees (or one bad employee) at one store doesn't indicate that everyone who works for the entire company is mean and stupid. Most of the people that work at the local store are friendly and know what they're talking about, until something unusual happens... I'll admit, a vintage ES-120 threw them off for a few minutes until they could look up what it was.

I agree.

Mahogany Strat = Holy crap!

I like 'em a lot.

Now' date=' stay the hell outta Guitar Center!

[biggrin]/

I aint gon buy sh!t from em just test it out there arent many places round here to test stuff out.

That's where I play 'em too...

Actually, the one that really got me going on Mahogany Fenders was called the Strat O Sonic.

Two P-90s.

Made in 2003 I think.

Came this close to buying one from Guitar Center, but I couldn't deal with their stupidity.

That's why I built my own, but with an Ash body.

I still want one, see 'em on Ebay now & then...

Went to GC today to replace my cable. They replaced it free' date=' simple no questions asked, just sent me up there. I later had a conversation with one of the employees, he was gracious.... I was confused. He was funny too I was alone BTW no mommy or daddy to fund this crap. So I had him get a few guitars. He didnt so much as grimace, he even cracked a joke or two. I dunno.... He's either a really good liar or an unusual GC employee. Anyways.

[u']To the point of this thread[/u]

So I got to playin one of them mahogany strats. Holy crap! Even for a beat up, dried fretboard it was amazing. Thing sounded great I went through the gamut bell-like cleans (my forte), heavier gain it worked well. The strings were light for my tastes but thats expected. I loved the sound (and look but thats not important to me). It was great! My only issue is the neck, thin for my tastes, I love a big neck, just how I am... Anyone else gotten to play one o them?

I've always wanted one. Sound great, but I'm gonna assemble mine from parts. I think I might do one SSS with hardtail and one HSS with a trem.

Or I might just get one of those and just assemble one.

Look at the Ash Strat in my signature - it's one I built.

I considered getting a Mahogany body from Warmoth at first' date=' it was too pricey.

I found the killer Ash body for less money, the rest is history.[/quote']

Yeah, I've been looking around, and thinking I might go with a MIM Strat, find it used, then sell the electronics or something

I've always wanted one. Sound great' date=' but I'm gonna assemble mine from parts. I think I might do one SSS with hardtail and one HSS with a trem.

Or I might just get one of those and just assemble one.[/quote']

I wanted to do that too, but finishing the body may be a tad of a problem for me.

Allergies...sometimes a pain in the a$$

Don't really wanna test it.

That's where I play 'em too...

Actually' date=' the one that really got me going on Mahogany Fenders was called the [b']Strat O Sonic[/b].

Two P-90s.

Made in 2003 I think.

Came this close to buying one from Guitar Center, but I couldn't deal with their stupidity.

That's why I built my own, but with an Ash body.

I still want one, see 'em on Ebay now & then...

Don't bring up the Strat-o-sonic again #-o I forgot how badly I want one [cool]

That's a typical Guitar Center story for me. They take back stuff all the time, and since they're people, if you treat them with repect they generally treat you with respect.

As for the Strat, if you don't find a way to gt it, you'll be comparing every Strat you ever play to that one and possibly never find one you like. Try to get it.

That's a typical Guitar Center story for me. They take back stuff all the time' date=' and since they're people, if you treat them with repect they generally treat you with respect.

As for the Strat, if you don't find a way to gt it, you'll be comparing every Strat you ever play to that one and possibly never find one you like. Try to get it.[/quote']

There's no chance in hell I'll be able to get it..... 1300 bucks and I'm broke and am looking (but failing) for a job, we arent rollin in $ either...

Archived