Gibson Brands Forums

Tab translation-help a fella out?

trying to figure out chord progression for Modest Mouse's "Missed the boat". it's on chordie.com, but i don't read tabs. anyone got a minute to help? if i could just get the basics i can probably sort out the rest from the disc. i love that song, especially the guitar solo. if you haven't heard it, you should check it out. lyrics are great too!

thx

oops, never mind, i've got it.

The chords are all G - A and D, but often with the D as Dsus2 (lift the ring finger off the high E).

The G and A are played as four string chords at the Third and Fifth fret respectively, except in the intro. I don't know the song, but I can assume from the pattern that with the chords in hand you can work it out by ear pretty easily.

The chords are all G - A and D' date=' but often with the D as Dsus2 (lift the ring finger off the high E).

The G and A are played as four string chords at the Third and Fifth fret respectively, except in the intro. I don't know the song, but I can assume from the pattern that with the chords in hand you can work it out by ear pretty easily.

[/quote']

thanks, i'm slowly picking my way thought it. watching the video, they've got 3 guitars going at it, so i'm just trying to figure out to make it sound like something with one. i appreciate the input.

it's on chordie.com' date=' but i don't read tabs. [/quote']

Did this strike anyone else as very funny?? #-o

I kinda thought the whole purpose of Tabs was so you didn't have to read to play guitar.

But if you don't read tab ...do you at least speak jive?

Randy: Can I get you something?

Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!

Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.

First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!

Older Lady: Oh stewardess! I speak jive.

Randy: Oh, good.

Older Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.

Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?

Older Lady: Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.

Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!

Older Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!

First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!

Older Lady: Jive *** dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

Archived