Gibson Brands Forums

Time for a new SG

AS90

I just bought the SG Classic with the P-90 yesterday from GC' date=' it is a monster. I have the SG spacial the LP Standard & LP Studio as well.

To be Honest the one I play the most is the SG special, tone, comfort and playability. I will post pics soon.[/quote']

Once I picked up a SG all other guitars kind of fell to the wayside. On top of that, the Classic is one of my most favorites so congrats on the new Classic. Your life may never be the same. ;)

newsgwall.jpg

-Ron

Once I picked up a SG all other guitars kind of fell to the wayside. On top of that' date=' the Classic is one of my most favorites so congrats on the new Classic. Your life may never be the same. ;)

[img']http://www.theguitarcave.com/guitar/newsgwall.jpg[/img]

-Ron

Ron, I was an LP prejedous for a while, and tought I will never own a SG due to it's ligh weight, but 5 months back I bought my first SG "special" and man o man it is the perfetct all around guitar to say the least. And I thing I am going to be as nut as you are about SG's.

That's thing looks pretty sweet! I just got a new SG too. Gibson SG Special Faded. I was used to my Epiphone SG, and this Gibson thing is absolutely incredible. Its sound can go from a nice bluesy riff to a total scream of overdrive and tone! It makes me wonder how such a good guitar can be bought for $680. Well, they don't sell 'em on the internet anymore, so I went to a local shop instead (it's also better to support small buisiness) and I'm really happy. My brother thought I was just buying the name, but boy was he wrong.

I started with with an SG Classic 2 years ago, and followed that up with an SG Special in faded brown about a year later. I was using the SGs almost exclusively until I got my faded LP Standard last spring.

Well the SG bug just bit me again. I was having trouble waiting for my week 43 Explorer to come in so I bought the week 37 '67 SG Special with P90s that was hanging on the wall at the same shop. With it being the holidays and all, I haven't had a chance to play it much but when I plugged it in at the shop I knew after about a minute that this thing was a killer. I won't have rehearsal for about another week and a half but I have a feeling the LP will spend the night on a stand. I'll try and get pics up soon.

My Gibson count now stands at 3 SGs and 1 LP, so even when I get the explorer the SGs will still outnumber all my other Gibsons combined. Plus I still have my eye on an SG Std. in naturalburst.

That '67 Special Reissue is also one sweet guitar. It ties with my Classic in the "favorites" department. The 'burst Standards are also pretty nice btw...

sggotw.jpg

Another shot of my Classic...

sgclassic.jpg

I still have my LP DC Standard, Firebird, and other misc. guitars but I really have to be "in the mood" to play them. When I have limited time and just want to grab something and wang on it for a while it is always one of my SGs.

-Ron

You can never have too many guitars. The main question is can you afford keeping them all. Personally I couldn't which was a shame. Had to sell my '03 SG standard to have some more funds in the bank account for this semester. Although I got a band at school now so hopefully I will be able to buy some new goodies come summer.

Archived