Gibson Brands Forums

gibson sg fierbrand deluxe 1980

sellen

1400$ in Norway . ain't got the cash, but i might trade it with my les paul 2008 in mint condition. with this deal im gonna try get 400$ back from the store. Haven't tried it yet, but if it's good i would love to have it. In the picture it looks a bit dirty, but with a good clean up i think it could shine. What finish is it on it? Candy apple red or devil red? Anyone tried this model?fierbrand

Hmm.. [blink]

That doesn't look like a Firebrand to me... is it?

[Edit]

I guess it is! I thought all the Firebrands had the branded logo on the headstock... learn something new everyday I guess.

Hmmm. I think GIANTRobOT420's link is right on the money. It looks like the SG we're discussing is from this paragraph:

"In the first half of 1981 a finish variant of The "SG" Deluxe was produced. These mahogany-bodied guitars were basically Deluxes in custom colors, among them shades of Devil Red, Bahamas Blue, Holly Green and Silver or Goldburst. In 1983 color choices of Candy Apple Red, Electric Blue, Yellow Mist, Tangerine, Ultra Violet and Walnut were added to the existing Ebony and Wine Red. Silverburst was adding in 1984."

Man, I'd love to see one of the Silverburst ones from 1984.

Archived