Gibson Brands Forums

Hardshell Case for Les Paul Special Double Cutaway?

Stupify

I recently purchased a Gibson Les Paul Special Double Cutaway that came with a gig bag. I was curious as to where I could find a hardshell case. I was told where I purchased it that the standard hardshell case doesn't fit the guitar. Thanks in advance!

I recently purchased a Gibson Les Paul Special Double Cutaway that came with a gig bag. I was curious as to where I could find a hardshell case. I was told where I purchased it that the standard hardshell case doesn't fit the guitar. Thanks in advance!

At Wildwoodguitars.com, they list the guitar as coming with a Hard Shell Case.

Does your guitar have fingerboard binding?

Hey new to the forum. I bought a universal TKL case. I think it is mostly made for Teles & Strats but the neck rest is tall enough to allow the angled headstock on my DC Les Paul Special to not hit. The case is pretty nice. I have two of them one came with a SG I bought used & the other I bought used on craigslist for $30 for my DC. I see them used on ebay too. Mine measures 2 inches from where the bottom of the cutout for the neck rest to the surface where the the back of the guitar rests on. If you find one used ask them to measure it for you before you buy it. I hope this helps.

tkl2.jpg

tkl.jpg

• 6 months later...

You could contact Cedar Creek Cases (a division of TKL). Their toll free number is 1-800-370-2991. They can get you a case as plain or as customized as you want.

As TKL is the manufacturer of the Gibson OEM cases, Cedar Creek can tell you exactly what case is made for each Gibson guitar model. Once you find out the model number(s) (as TKL makes three or more "grades" of cases for each instrument, kind of like good, better, best), Then you can compare prices from ANY retailer by asking by "model number".

I recently followed this procedure and purchased a new TKL case for my 1947 L-7 from www.firstqualitymusic.com . Perfect fit, great case and wonderful customer service and communication from both Cedar Creek and First Quality Music.

Archived