Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG 3 and SG custom

tom brown

Greetings

It is unfortunate that I am not able to post any pictures but I encourage anybody that wants to post them feel free. My only access to the Internet is on an iPhone and it will not let me post photographs .

But I did want to let everybody know in the event that you do not receive vintage guitar magazine that there was a great article about Jimmy Hendrix and the two gibsons he performed with which were a flying v at the isle of wight in 1970 ( and he also played that on the movie rainbow bridge) and he actually owned three flying v 's one that had a phychedelic paint job he played in paris while on tour in 68/69.

Hendrix also played a tobacco burst one while he was waiting for delivery of his custom lefty flying V

And Hendrix also played the white 67 SG custom of which was in 1968 69 which he played on an appearance of the **** Cavett show , he played Isabella and then he debuted machine gun. He also played red house on the same guitar at a Stockholm Sweden concert in 1969 .

Many of you know you he also played red house on the flying V at the Isle of Wight which i feel was his finest performance ever.

He died less then three weeks later.

What I found interesting was Jimi Hendrix is on the cover of vintage guitar magazine december 2016 and he was also voted number one guitar player by the people that receive vintage guitar magazine. He also appears in this article talking about the Gibsons that he played .

Almost 50 years after his death.

Regards

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thats not good wonder if the app is seperate for models

These have gone up and even the faded ones are expensive now

Check out this SG same as mine

https://m.ebay.com/itm/MINTY-2007-Gibson-SG-3-Limited-Edition-in-Gorgeous-Cherry-3-Pickup-SG-COA/282693167552?hash=item41d1d369c0:g:IrYAAOSwEyhZ4PjP

Edited by tom brown

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

If your talking about the forum, they kind of threw all of us kids into one room now. I guess some of the fellow students felt left out because no one was posting in certain areas. So like a bunch of misguided fellow kids, it was easier to keep track of "US" and calm those who needed it down in one big room instead of 6 different rooms.

Greetings

Why did gibson take out the SG threads when it was one of the greatest guitars ever designed?

This is very disturbing.

🤷‍♂️

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey yall

I did finally sell the Gibson SG three and I sold it at  center for 1300 who then promptly sold for 1999 two weeks later .

It is unbelievable  the Gibson SG thread is gone. 

I think that thread was one of the most popular ones and then they left a Gibson amp thread in which they haven’t even sold for years.

But if anybody wants to keep this thread going as you could see I’ve been running it for quite a while but I went to an ES339 so I hate to let it die .

Thomas

• 4 months later...

Yes this post is in regard to the forums change to eliminate the SG guitar thread.

They ( gibson ) took out the SG guitar thread thread even though the Gibson SG is one of the most popular guitars in the world , made famous by several big names.

But yet Gibson left in the Gibson amplifier thread which they haven’t made for 20 years .

Also if i may say ,  that the Gibson SG custom are very expensive and even the  in SG standards are $2000 now .

I’m writing about this now because Gibson ran a full page ad with an artist holding a Gibson SG in the most recent copy of vintage guitar Magazine. 

i dont understand this .

any comments ?

Edited by tom brown

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/18/2020 at 7:10 AM, tom brown said:

Bring back the gibson SG thread please ?

On 8/20/2020 at 1:56 AM, tom brown said:

Hello 

lets try to start this thread again ?

Here goes....I bought a 2007 SG-3 cherrytop with serial C001.

It should arrive in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...