Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul 12 String

Silverbursted

Was flipping around in Youtube and saw a video of Slash's guitars. Among his beautiful collection of Gibsons was a Les Paul 12 String. I have done a Google search and looked in various specialized sites, but have not found one anywhere. Is this, or was this ever a model that Gibson sold to the public? Or was this a one off made for Slash?

• 9 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah yes, I know the Slash video you are talking about [thumbup] Also there is that classic pic of his whole collection from the mid 90's.

I'm sure I saw a Les Paul Traditional 12 string on a UK site sometime last year, so they do pop up from time to time. Talking of things with 12 strings I think Gibson should re-introduce the original EDS 1275 hollow version, oh and also the double mandolin...very cool instruments which I would love to get to try someday.

PS, I love Slash's black EDS 1275's in that pic I mentioned and he does have a few nice Les Pauls, but obviously not enough!!! :lol:

Hi, I have a black 1981 Les Paul Custom 12 string with double jack out put vari-tone factory installed. Truss cover has VARI-TWELVE engraved into it. I Can send pics if you would like to see it. I have not seen another.

I'd like to see that...never heard of such a Custom

• 4 months later...

Several months ago a guy in my area had an absolutely stunning LP Traditional 12-string Gold Top - but he wanted WAY too much money for it . . . so, I ended up buying an early-90's Rickenbacker 360-12, for about 1/5 of the amount that he wanted.

Archived