Gibson Brands Forums

What strings do Gibson LP's come stock with?

VBB

Im looking for info on the exact strings Gibson put on it's new guitars in 2007 to present day. Size (10's I think) and the brand (Gibson I would bet) and model (material component or model name)

thanks.

Gibson Brite Wires 10 - 46

Gibson Brite Wires have been specially formulated to give your guitar that crisp attack sound, with its nickel plating adding warmth to the overall tone. These strings feature our Swedish steel "hex" core for added tuning stability. Brite Wires tune up fast, and hold their tone longer. No matter what style of music you play, you'll hear why Brite Wires are the choice of professionals world-wide!

A quote from Motorhead guitarist Phil Campbell, "I love my Brite Wires. They don't break. They don't rust. They never get out of tune. They have the perfect tone. Why change it if it's working? I trust 'em that much...."

Gibson Brite Wires 10 - 46

Gibson Brite Wires have been specially formulated to give your guitar that crisp attack sound' date=' with its nickel plating adding warmth to the overall tone. These strings feature our Swedish steel "hex" core for added tuning stability. Brite Wires tune up fast, and hold their tone longer. No matter what style of music you play, you'll hear why Brite Wires are the choice of professionals world-wide!

[/quote']

Never tried Brite Wires (apart from ones that might have been on my Les Paul when it was new, but the first thing I do when I get a new guitar is restring it! Are they really that good Yaff?

Yes!

RI Strings for RI guitars.:)

I've noticed that the Gibson Vintage Re-issue strings sound good with p-90s but they just don't flatter a modern LP with Humbuckers. Any idea why RI strings would be good on a new RI guitar? I know the pickups are voiced different than a new standard, but enough to make a big difference?

Side note, anyone try DR Tite-Fit strings on a newer LP?

I've noticed that the Gibson Vintage Re-issue strings sound good with p-90s but they just don't flatter a modern LP with Humbuckers. Any idea why RI strings would be good on a new RI guitar? I know the pickups are voiced different than a new standard' date=' but enough to make a big difference?

Side note, anyone try DR Tite-Fit strings on a newer LP?[/quote']I was half joking with that comment, but it would make sense that the CS would use VRI Strings for a RI guitar if for no other purpose than "historical accuracy".

As far as the reason they (the strings) sound different on modern LPs? My guess would be in the way that they're wound, the shape of the core wire, etc, because believe it or not, the strings used on LPs back in the day were actually WAY heavier than they are today, even at the same guage.

Archived