Gibson Brands Forums

Information about epi studio?

j2000

This one then:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110209241061&ih=001&category=33037&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Compared to normal LP studio it's way too different. It has plastic tune knobs, different pickups, even color is not listed by epiphone.

I have only seen 3 of this in the whole world. 1. is that I own and others two are seen over ebay.

Is this a fake Epiphone? Can someone help please?

Thx in advance...[-o<

Maybe the two that you've seen on eBay are the same guitar? Maybe there's a guy out there that likes to paint LP Studios turquoise? All I know is that the one in the eBay listing is a genuine, modified, Epiphone LP Studio.

"the color of the guitar is a light blueish green, almost like a Tiffany Teal blue this is not an original paint job."

k

Theory of a guy who likes to paint epi studios in teal is pretty obvious [-(/

All of theese guitars are in US or from US(i ordered my studio from US).

Btw, my LP studio is not bad at all...Took it to the luthier (the one whose guitars have been even in K.Richards collection), he said that it is not a hockey stick at all. It has a tone like that high end Gibson over there. And quality is American-like, but it is built by Unsung in Korea.

But still, maybe someone still knows someth more about it?

The one on ebay and the one you have are most likely older models. I have seen that the old studios have a bit more shine to them and a little fancier. I have one of the newer '07 EE models in worn brown and I really like it. There was a guy selling one on the other forum that was an elitist studio...now that was a nice guitar!

Archived