Gibson Brands Forums

strange inconsistancy of pic size

brad1

I have noticed that sometimes the pics posted appear quite small and other times they are quite large. If I'm on a page, go to the next page, and then go backwards, the pic may have gotten larger. Even the logos and graphics under folks names are sometimes so small you can't make it out. Other times it looks fine. I'm not complaining, because I don't really care. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing. Very strange. [-(

I'm suprised that they used that code here on the epiphone forums, I guess it was just already a part of the software they were using for the forum, but the reason behind that effect is that if there's a picture that you don't want to see, something not safe for work (NSFW), etc., you have the opportunity to get an idea of what it is before it's plastered all over your screen. Then, if you want to see the picture, just revisit the page.

Like I said, I'm suprised to see it here, since it's not common for anyone here to post inappropraite material, but that's what it's for.

Thanks Hoobie for the info! That makes sense. The only thing is, the origonal pic is so small it would kind of be difficult to be offended. I mean, how offended can you be if you can't even see it?? And yes, I've been checking out this forum for a couple of years and have never seen any inappropriate pics. But, I guess it's a nice safeguard. I guess.

I have noticed that sometimes the pics posted appear quite small and other times they are quite large. If I'm on a page' date=' go to the next page, and then go backwards, the pic may have gotten larger. Even the logos and graphics under folks names are sometimes so small you can't make it out. Other times it looks fine. I'm not complaining, because I don't really care. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing. Very strange. O:) [/quote']

I use the Firefox browser, the pictures come up full-sized. Out of curiosity, I just checked how it worked on Internet Explorer and all I got was small thumbnail sized photos. And the smilies were huge on IE. The forum seems to work much better with Firefox than IE.

Yeah I agree I use Firefox also and everything's perfect. I just tried browsing on IE6 and I see what you mean all the emoticons are blown up too large and all the posted pics are supersmall. It's probably designed for IE7 and Firefox for best viewing.

Archived