Gibson Brands Forums

why do I have to scroll over to read post?

dubstar

when reading post from left to right, I need to scroll over, as the right hand margins (and the "new topic" and "reply" buttons) are off-screen...anyone else have this issue?

this only used to happen when someone posted a giant photo or long link

is this forum optimized for 1024x768 or bigger, and not 800x600? (or close to those numbers)

because many people still have small monitors and laptops

some forums such as the FDP (fender) actually have guidelines to prevent members from posting long links or photos that create the need to scroll over...but this is obviously due to how the epiphone forum is set-up

thanks

when reading post from left to right' date=' I need to scroll over, as the right hand margins (and the "new topic" and "reply" buttons) are off-screen...anyone else have this issue?

this only used to happen when someone posted a giant photo or long link

is this forum optimized for 1024x768 or bigger, and not 800x600? (or close to those numbers)

because many people still have small monitors and laptops

some forums such as the FDP (fender) actually have guidelines to prevent members from posting long links or photos that create the need to scroll over...but this is obviously due to how the epiphone forum is set-up

thanks[/quote']

I dunno, Dub... I've only noticed it in threads with large photos so far.. And I have a small monitor (15").

considering most other forums avoid this' date=' can the tech staff take a look at this issue? [/quote']

Pretty easy to fix.

The table which contains the most of the content is set to fixed width of 1003 pixels and with padding

you'll need at least a window that is 1024 pixels wide to show the page without having to scroll right.

<table class="content" width="1003px" border="0"

The fix would be simple, just change the "1003px" to a percentage, eg "90%", which would scale the page relative to the user's screen...

but there's nothing I can do, right biff? aside from changing my screen resolution, which will make the text tiny (which I won't do just for this one forum...all other forums display fine unless a large image is posted)

btw, I am using a mac

can admin comment, please?

thanks

Archived