Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar

harleydude04

Gibby '57 Classics will mount into that guitar, yes.... And they will sound absolutely amazing...

Not sure what you mean by that... but if you plan to replace the rings, you won't be able to find a replacement... Gibson rings will NOT fit.

The '57s will mount into the ones you have now just fine.

well the height adjustment sscrews for the gibson pickups were smaller than the originals with that being said the hole is bigger on the ring mount so it seem very sloppy. any ideas on how to correct this ?

Gibby '57 Classics will mount into that guitar' date=' yes.... And they will sound absolutely amazing...

Not sure what you mean by that... but if you plan to replace the rings, you won't be able to find a replacement... Gibson rings will NOT fit.

The '57s will mount into the ones you have now just fine.[/quote']

I put Gibson Burstbuckers in my G-400. I used the original rings and mounting screws. It was a pain putting the adjustment screws and springs in the ring, but I didn't notice any excess slop in the holes for the adjustment screws. I don't remember the screws being that muchy smaller, but maybe they are. But, if the screw head does not fall through the hole you will be okay. My Gibson screws worked fine. There is plenty of tension on the spring to hold the screw head fairly snug to the ring.

ok i will try that thanks everyone for the help

I put Gibson Burstbuckers in my G-400. I used the original rings and mounting screws. It was a pain putting the adjustment screws and springs in the ring' date=' but I didn't notice any excess slop in the holes for the adjustment screws. I don't remember the screws being that muchy smaller, but maybe they are. But, if the screw head does not fall through the hole you will be okay. My Gibson screws worked fine. There is plenty of tension on the spring to hold the screw head fairly snug to the ring.[/quote']

Archived