Gibson Brands Forums

Dot Studio

leps

I was wondering if i should get the dot studio. I never played it and I should, but I wanna hear your opinions. I learned guitar off an electric so I love the feel of it. But now i hang around with acoustics and i love the peaceful tone of it. I didnt want to get an acoustic electric because i prefer more to the electric side, so I decided on a semi-hollow body. And the cheapest was dot studio. Well i have a few questions I would like to ask, and thanks for your time for reading this horribly long "essay" hah

-Does the Dot Studio play like an acoustic, as to when you strum does it have that acoustic tone without an amp?

-How hot are the pickups?

-How loud is the Dot studio without an amp?

-Does it stay in tune?

- And finally is the neck thin or thick?

Thanks again guys for reading this. And thanks for the answers, if any haha.

-Does the Dot Studio play like an acoustic, as to when you strum does it have that acoustic tone without an amp? NO

-How hot are the pickups? Not sure but fairly normal if it's like the Sheraton

-How loud is the Dot studio without an amp? not very, nothing like an acoustic, different beast.

-Does it stay in tune? ??? If it's like a Sheraton than yes

- And finally is the neck thin or thick? Thick

-Does the Dot Studio play like an acoustic, as to when you strum does it have that acoustic tone without an amp?-@The solid center block prevents the top from vibrating like an acoustic.

-How hot are the pickups?@they are good but they lack the power of Gibsons.

-How loud is the Dot studio without an amp?@It is only slightly louder than a solid body.

-Does it stay in tune?@No problems there.

- And finally is the neck thin or thick?@Very chunky neck on my Dot.

Epi makes electrics with no center block, so you may want to have a look at those to find the acoustic sound you are looking for. Check out the Ibanez Artcore series too. I have two of them. They have fully hollow body models that seem like they are just what you are looking for.

The mighty emperor of the HC Epiphone empire! Great to see you here I 've lurked over there and seen all of your great vids...awesome to see you back here Coop!

Bring in the 'Empire' crew and tell them pictures of those beauties are a MUST around here! :D

Archived