Gibson Brands Forums

Man... People must be desperate for a Junior....

Lerxst1281733995

Believe me, the thought HAS crossed my mind... If I could have gotten MF to give me an insane discount.. I wasn't about to pay full price for it. But I got no response from them about ANY kind of discount.. Sane or otherwise..

Now I gotta deal with those circus animals tomorrow... It's been TWO WEEKS since they got the first one back and no sign of a rufund yet... They should have the second one back by now too.. I'm DONE playing Mr. Niceguy...

If the squeaky wheel can't get the grease.... Maybe the ANGRY wheel can!

Not had much luck with that have you.

It's a classic look at the downside of the industry today I suppose. O:)

With hindsight I think that Epi maybe didn't judge the market correctly for the '57 Junior either.

The basic bolt neck juniors fill the entry level shelves quite adequately...and it turned out to be the more discerning Epi buyers on the whole who were exited by the '57 and keen to try it.

Maybe Epi should have given the '57 to their most experienced Korean OEM suppliers, allowed a better wood and component spec and priced it a bit higher. Factory QC would have benefitted too...maybe leaving a bit less to the lottery of dealer QC and customer service!

I have never seen a set neck Epi jr but my bolt on P90 one I bought last year is great. I got it for $80 from MF and repalced the Epi P90 with a GFS dogear. It is my cheapest guitar and it gets the most use. Thru my Classic 30 it really has a good raw sound IMO.

I often wonder if I need to upgrade to the set neck model. So tell me, if I find a set neck, is it that much better, I mean 4 times the price better?

Hahaha! Nice one, Gary... Yeah, it DOES feel that way sometimes... :-k

But I have to kick myself as well... I had plenty of time to get one and I kept putting it off until it was too late...

Smoke... Hindsight being what it is, I would have to agree with you...

Maybe I should grab the P-90 Jr. they got at MF for $149.... Ugh... But that would mean dealing with MF again... I don't really wanna do that again... ever... I FINALLY got my refund back for the first Junior... They said I won't see my money for the second one for ANOTHER two weeks! I think I'm gonna send them a nasty e-mail... Through all of this, not ONE PERSON has ever bothered to even offer so much as an apology... Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Archived