Gibson Brands Forums

year 2000 epi les paul

slagg

hello,anybody got an idea on this year les paul.i love the way it plays and looks but the pups leave me cold dull and lifeless.i'mgonna swap them out with a pair of gfs crunchy pats .but i'm wondering whats in here now,are they ceramics or what anyinfo would be great.thankx slagg](*,)

I think 2000 must have been a bad year for epiphone pickups, I have a limited edition les paul from that year and the pickups are awful, so badly made that a few of the (magnetic) screws slide through the pickup itself... getting them set is a nightmare, and when they are set... they sound crap, like you said, lifeless.

I'll never get rid of the guitar though, wouldn't swap it for a gibson. Fell in love in the shop and after many years perfectly setup for my liking. Just wish i wasnt always skint and could replace the pickups... but then the burning question of which ones to buy...

yeah,to me the craftmanship is there.the guitar is well built,very acoustic,notes ring,and sustain is there.and then they go and throw in the cheapest pups,makes no sense.ah but sounding like crap makes them atainable for cheap.you need to checkout the gfs web sight.the greatest inprovement you canmake for the lowest cost.i picked my set up for $42.95 total(matched set)can't beat the value.now this guitar can hold its own with the best of em.i will be saving for the tone pros locking bride to finalize her,any other mods are not needed.i was at the local music store with her yesterday checking out od's and compared it with the real thing not much differance,well price of course,but i can buy 2 epi's for the price of that over priced not much better gibson.i've had many a guitar and ilike frankenstien axes best.gibsons are good but i can mod and setup a host of cheaper axes that will crush a gibson.i've been to the factory and they just ain't all that .unless its the"vintage"axes pre 80's.those are worth there weight in gold,pre ibanez take over.now your just buying a name.i'm sorry but WHO THE HELL WANTS A DIGITAL GUITAR?isn't that the crap we all try to stay away from :-s

Archived