Gibson Brands Forums

Maestro... if you please!

Amino Moore

Momma used to say there's 4 kinds of people.

Them that know they know, Them that think they know but don't really know,

Them that don't know they know and Them that know they don't know.

Which one of "them" do you think this guy is? LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/EPIPHONE-1965-SG-W-RARE-TREMOLO-CHERRY-RED_W0QQitemZ190194855031QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow!! Can't say I've ever seen a 43 year old guitar in such good shape! He's right too.. You'll NEVER find another vintage 1965 Epi SG on eBay... It's so rare, it doesn't even show up in any of my vintage guitar guides! I'm having kittens over here!

If I were you Amino, I wouldn't wait till someone bids on it... I'd hit BIN while you have the chance!

Yeesh!

I wonder how he arrived at $3,500? Is that what his new car costs?

LOL, the Ad also states that his guitar teacher examined it to determine whether or not there was a stress fracture. I would think the instructor would know a little bit about guitars and be able to tell the kid what he really had. Also has anyone else noticed the name of the town? Poplar Bluff! LOL go figure.

Svet

LOL " I WILL SHIP IT IN A GIG-BAG!!! GIBSON ORIGINAL BAG!"

That seals the deal for me! Now what was my paypal password again?

I think he left out the word "re-issue" and he lifted the original price from some Gibson Custom Shop ad. Maybe the gig bag is made with 24k gold thread...

The Buy It Now price is only $500 now... but there's still no bids.

I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY MANY PEOPLE THAT THIS IS NOT!!!! AN ORIGINAL! I WAS MIS-INFORMED AND AM NOT TRYING TO SCAM ANYBODY!!!

In conclusion!!! it looks like this kid was trying to pass it off as something else...

[EDIT]

Here's a nice listing on my local Craigslist... talk about someone "not knowing."

http://rochester.craigslist.org/msg/555496706.html

If "any offer will do," should I offer $50 and see what I get? When I saw Brockport, I expected it to be from JamShack Music, home of ridiculously-priced and misadvertised Asian Strats... (yes, I'm still sore about the "Fender Japan" that turned out to be a Squier)

"He who knows, and knows that he knows --- he is wise, follow him.

"He who knows, and knows not that he knows --- he is asleep, wake him.

"He who knows not, and knows that he knows not --- he is a child, teach him.

"He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not --- he is a fool, shun him."

--- Persian Proverb

Archived