Gibson Brands Forums

Amp operators manual

I just purchased an Epiphone Les Paul Special II Electric Guitar and Amp Pack for my son. This is the first guitar in the family. The pack comes with a Stuio 15R amp. No instruction manual for the amp came with the pack. Since this is a set intended for beginners, shouldn't there be something in the way of an operators manual?

This probably sounds stupid to the experienced guitarist, but how does a beginner know what a high vs. low input is? As well as the other controls. I hope in the future that Epiphone takes this into consideration when putting a package together for the beginner.

I just purchased an Epiphone Les Paul Special II Electric Guitar and Amp Pack for my son. This is the first guitar in the family. The pack comes with a Stuio 15R amp. No instruction manual for the amp came with the pack. Since this is a set intended for beginners' date=' shouldn't there be something in the way of an operators manual?

This probably sounds stupid to the experienced guitarist, but how does a beginner know what a [i']high[/i] vs. low input is? As well as the other controls. I hope in the future that Epiphone takes this into consideration when putting a package together for the beginner.

The package description indicates a manual is included. But does not indicate the manual contents.

re: Hi/Lo inputs. Hi is more sensitive, and provides more signal strength into the pre-amp , than Lo. . A humbucker pickup might overdrive the pre-amp more than you like...if so, use the Lo input. Jazz players might prefer the Lo as well for a mellower tone. Rockers usually use the Hi input. Plug into each and you'll hear the difference.

First, a thank you to pcollen for the helpful information on the amp.

Secondly, a humble apology to Epiphone. In a newbies's haste to get playing we were looking for a paper manual for the amp. If we had taken the time to review the included DVD we would have seen that a complete instructional section on the amp was included. If all else fails read the directions, or in modern life, view the DVD!

P.S. my son thinks the guitar is awesome.

Archived