Gibson Brands Forums

1961, 1962, 1964, 1966 Epiphone catalogs - Full Line

Johno

If you click on the Catalogue Index in those links to the Epiphone catalogs there are full-line catalogs for Gibson, Fender, guild, Hagström, Hofner, Kalamazoo and Ovation. Lots of catalogs of various years for Gibson.

Yeah Jerry, I'll be streetfairing it again on Thursday night.

• 6 years later...

Aren't they great. I found those catalogs a few months back. I had bought the Coronet. Its the very same black one in the catalog shown with the tremolo bar. Man I miss that guitar.

http://www.vintagegu...gues/1966_4.php

yes i had a 66 Olympic double in cherry red loved it .It would be nice if they built some of them or all of them.

Thanks Johno - looking at all these guitar catalogues takes me back to the late fifties early sixties when all I could afford was the stamp to send for the catalogue. I wish I'd kept them all!! I recall Mark Knopfler saying he could remember the smell of them and would have eaten them if he could. Jezz we are crazy!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I really like the 1966 Gibson catalogue. It's nice to see a 335 referred to by its proper name - ES-335TDC - and accompanied by a great lineup of other archtops! You can do price comparisons with an inflation calculator, if you wish. In 1966, when it was new, my ES-125TDC would have cost $295, which translates to $2090 today - I got mine at a $90 discount, we'll just say that it's because it was used!

Archived