Gibson Brands Forums

The novelty will NEVER wear off for me!!!!!

matiac

I gotta tell ya, I picked up my Epiphone in 2004, and even still, I'll put that guitar on a stand, and just look at it. And now that I have it's Gibson counterpart in my possesion (sp?), there's gonna be a whole lotta gawk sessions I'm thinkin'. Don't get me wrong, they both get played quite frequently, and because of this, I have chosen to sell off the Squire, as it just sits in the closet anymore. I'm gonna miss the 'ol boy. Anyway, are these two gawkable, or what?

300826693.jpg

Matiac, a.k.a. Guitarandfeather for some strange reason had to change his handle. Admin emailed me to see if I wanted to keep G&F, and I decided that "Matiac" just seemed to fit, for some strange, maniacal reason, hmm....

I dunno what happened to Ted. I'm thinkin' he felt because he has a Gibson, people would think he was snubbish, or something. I personally was psyched for him, and it's true what they say about Epiphone's in that they are a stepping stone to a Gibson, which isn't taking ANYTHING away from my most beloved and trusted Blue Bomber (Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt-top), that's one badass guitar, I still get complements on it, I still gawk at, I'm still in awe of it, just now I have 2 badass guitars.

Well congrats on your Gibby G&F. I know the feeling that they bring. I'm sure you will be stoked for sometime. Hey; if you can, about posting some comparasion clips of the Gibby beside the Blue Bomber. I would love to hear how they stack up.

For right now in 4 words: Like Night And Day. I'll do a more detailed review, because there are differences between the 2, build wise, tonewise, hell, everythingwise! But again, don't get me wrong, my Epiphone is hands down one of the best guitars I've ever owned, I'd put it up against a Gibson anytime in a contest, I have before, and it held it's own quite admirably, but between these two particular guitars I now have? Again, night and day, stay tuned...

Well, I never thought owning a Gibson disqualified me from the Epi forum and neither did any of you. I don't see Ted over there, either, though. The Gibby forum is pretty stale these days. Most of what is going on there is a couple of old 'regulars' and a bunch of young kids who got Mom&Dad to buy them a Gibson asking 'beginner-type' questions answered by the old dudes.

Well, it's my opinion that Ted, and I'm not bashing Ted, if you're lurking, couldn't take rejection very well, and considering the source, he should have blown it off, but I do remember someone getting on him for the presumption that he was better than everyone because he had a Gibson. Like I said before, I was genuinely psyched for the guy, it's a beautiful guitar he's got, and quite a step up from the Ultra he had. I remember him being a staunch advocate of the Ultra, and rightly so, they're great guitars, I almost got one, based on what I was getting from him. Then he got his Gibson, and the differences are great between the two, even a studios a big step up. And again, don't get me wrong, Epiphone makes a dam good line of guitars, from the humblest Junior, right up to their elites, they're ALL great guitars for the money, I'd have no reservations whatsoever about playing out with my Korean made Les Paul copy, as soon as I'd use my new Gibson (I can't wait!). That said, I own both, and I'm proud as hell of both. I haven't been over to Gibson lately either, it lets me log in, but won't let me post anything (????).

I dunno what happened to Ted. I'm thinkin' he felt because he has a Gibson' date=' people would think he was snubbish, or something. I personally was psyched for him, and it's true what they say about Epiphone's in that they are a stepping stone to a Gibson, which isn't taking ANYTHING away from my most beloved and trusted Blue Bomber (Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt-top), that's one badass guitar, I still get complements on it, I still gawk at, I'm still in awe of it, just now I have 2 badass guitars.[/quote']

The best guitar is the one you gravitate toward when you feel the urge to play. I have a "real" Gibson LP and a "Real" Fender Strat and I play the Epi LP on stage. It's the one I felt comfortable modding. And, the mods paid off. The Epi feels right, sings like a bird, and makes me play better. It's the one that inspires me to create new riffs and dig down into my soul when I play.

Archived