Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Firebird Studio

hshukla76

Hi Everyone , I have a question about the Epiphone Firebird Studio, ever since the announcement of this guitar and a review that I read in Guitar World Mag, I have been looking to try this guitar out at Guitar center. I have called different stores in the NY area and no luck. Finally I decided that I would breakdown and buy the guitar from GC.com sight unseen. First the guitar was backordered to 1/4/08, then 1/31/08 now 2/25/08. Does any one on this forum have any idea on what is up with these Firebird Studios? Has anyone actually gotten one, if so is it worth the trouble to continue seeking one out. I feel like I am trying to find a mythical unicorn :-)

BTW, I also called Gibson support to see if I could get any information regarding the status of the Guitar, and I was told that the only people who have that information are the sales team, and they only work directly with the retailers.

Thanks, please don't think that I am bashing epiphone, I have a Goldtop Les Paul - that I love - and I am dying to get this firebird, and I just don't understand what the delay is.

Something about Epiphone Firebirds that takes forever. My local shop tried ordering a case for my '96 F-Bird' date=' and they couldn't get one from Epi for one reason or another. I ended up getting an old Kramer case.[/quote']

fwiw, Dave's Guitar is selling used Gibson Firebird, L-5, L-5 Signature, Tal Farlow, CS-336 and Double Neck cases $100 each.

I feel ya totally on this one!

Check this out....

about two weeks ago I walked into a little GC affiliate 'Music & Arts'

and lo and behold there one hung on the wall..

the guitar I had been reading about since last June when they were first supposed to be coming around...

well none of the 'Big Guys' could get one in....without a downpayment (?) so I was left hoping they would just Get One In!!

No Luck.

I was on the verge of ordering it sight unseen as well, but after long contemplation I just said no way.

I simply won't buy an Epi without playing it first (...OK I'm anal so sue me!)

Needless to say when I first sat down with it I was awestruck.

The Firebird

The damn thing looked good and played even better.

Well, it got put on layaway that day, and I'm almost done with pmt. so I should have it in my hands hopefully by mid February.

I simply can't recommend it enough.

If you want it that bad

by all means get it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Musicians Friend has it, on-line. Nopt the optimum way to buy a guitar, but I bought my GoldTop

there a few years ago - the first one was damaged in shipping and returned. The next one was

great. Pretty heavy, but a keeper. Probably one of the "super-sites" - MF, AMS, Sweetwater,

Elderly, Guitar Trader.....would be the best places to look.

Archived