Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone elitist Les Paul Custom

Iceman74

Hello good people does anyone else think that Epiphone should bring back the Epiphone eltist Les Paul custom in wine red back? I do for sure!! I need one, anyone got one in mint condition? I missed my chance on getting one a few years back. Can we petition the Eppy co. to bring it back? I love the elitist line of guitars but the color choices tend to be about the same with 2 burst colors and the rest black or white. A couple more color choices would be mighty fine. I am new here on the boards and I'd like to say hello to everyone also. I been play for about 15 years and the epiphone elitist really do knock the short and curlies off the Gibsons but thats just my opinion. Peace, Iceman74.

I have one but ya ain't gettin it! I was lucky enought to pick one up when they were blowing them out at MF for 799.

In Canada they listed at 1999 and you could get them for between 12 and 1400 bucks. I think this is the nicest guitar I own and I have several Gibbies and American strats. I am not in the market for a Wine red but I sure would be all over a HC burst with a plain top. When they first came out with them they had that guitar and I would love to be able to get one now.

Mine is sweet with the triple binding and the gold hardware that stays gold! I agree lets get them to add a couple more elitists.

Try not to get any drool on it please!

winered.jpg

Thanks for the hi res. pics and now I want one even more. I must say thats a sweet lookin fiddle. The wine red is the best color out of the white and black customs.. Lets start a petion to get the wine red back and a heritage cherry color for the elitist les paul standard! More colors more colors well at least 2 anyways!

I was the lucky dog who bought Lutheran1971's red wine custom when he had to sell it. I am extremely happy to have on in wine red. Lutheran had it set up perfectly and it was in mint condition when I bought it. Fortunately, according to the pics he posted when he was selling it, he also has a black one (which he apparently liked better than the red wine, since that's the one he kept), so I know he still has one.

I wonder if he sold the blue elitist studio he was selling at the same time?

Archived