Gibson Brands Forums

old guitar you can't see tossing...

captmidnight

Hello all,

OK here it is...lol The very 1st real guitar I thought I had was an old acoustic Winston 3/4 size...paid a whooping 10 bucks for it when I was 17 and was told by the owner he had bought it used about 10 years earlier..this was in 1973.

Wasn't beat up much. For $10 how could I go wrong...lol Still have the old thing. Was out of sorts there for a couple years and left it with my oldest son who just stored it in his shed. Two years of sitting in the florida heat and humidity sure wasn't kind to it...top sunk in near the bridge causing the bridge to tilt and lowered the strings so now anything past the 14th fret is the same note as the 19th fret O:)

Thing is...I still love how that thing feels when I play it...and how it sounds...at least down to the 14th fret...lol It's not loud...it's not pretty....it's not high dollar...hell not even low dollar now. But just to pick it up and start playing it makes me smile...got a big sticker on the head stock on the back that one of my kids put on it to surprise me "#1 Dad"

Guess what I am saying is the darn old worthless thing has what some may call "MoJo" still left in it.

Anyone else got an old beater laying around that you can't toss and you just have to pick up now and then when you feeling down, just to remember and put a needed smile on your face?

Capt

Yep,

I got one.

It's an old JB Player dreadnaught acoustic. Sort of a Martin copy.

Can't remember but I think I paid all of $100 bucks for it.

It plays and sounds better than my $800 Takamine.

When I'm writing a song or learning a new one the JBP is the one I grab.

Me too. Got a 1970 something Ibanez ST200 I picked up for 30 bucks. Had a cracked neck and no tail piece plus the pots where frozen. Cost me about an extra 90 bucks to get her where she's at now. Seen some on ebay going between 500 and 700 dollars. It doesn't really matter though cause I just can't seem to ever get the urge to sell her.

Here's a bad picture of her....LOL...that's the only pictures I can take.

SG.jpg

Raf

Archived