Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone elitist goldtop

Iceman74

Hello does anyone on here have an epiphone elitist goldtop? If so can you tell me about it and maybe post a pic or 2? I am looking into getting one myself but I can not find any good pics of one online. I have been told they are really sweet. Peace![ O:)/

Hello does anyone on here have an epiphone elitist goldtop? If so can you tell me about it and maybe post a pic or 2? I am looking into getting one myself but I can not find any good pics of one online. I have been told they are really sweet. Peace![ O:)/

I had one:

Elitist%20GT.JPG

Nice guitar.

Hey Iceman74,

I bought an older Epi LP Goldtop Standard that they don't make anymore off of Ebay and it rocks. It has the full size humbuckers(Duncan 59's), not the P-90's of the new ones. They had another up there too, unless you are dead set on an Elitist. A friend of mine has the Elitist and he absolutely loves it. By the way, mine was as good or better than advertised and arrived in perfect condition. Will cost you half the $$$. If you have the budget, the Elitist would make you cry tears of joy!

It's basically the same guitar as the Elitist Standard Plus just with a gold top. There is tons of information on the net about them so search this forum and the old one before it goes away. I love both of my Elitist's and I've been searching for a Gibson Standard to buy to add to my collection. The problem is that I have not found one that I feel is worth that much more than my Epi's. I'm still looking as I simply have to have a "Gibson Les Paul" with Burstbukers to feel like my collection is nearing completion. lol, the quest continues. But I think the GT Elitist should be a fine instrument given my experience with my other Elitists. Everything in that guitar is the same as the Standard Plus save for the color of the top/

gold6.jpg?t=1201975889

Svet

I own 5 elitist LPs- 2 standards, 2 studios, and a custom and got to play a goldie awhile back. It was just as sweet as any of mine- and that's pretty sweet! I don't blame Svet for wanting a Gibson (I've got a DC Pro right now) but the elitists can hang with the Gibbys all day long any time. I say for the one-thousanth time "the elitists are the best-kept secret in the guitar world".

Archived