Gibson Brands Forums

A $1600.00 Epiphone

sexygibson

Seems someone made 1 offer already' date=' now I hope THAT wasn't a forum member.:-s [/quote']

I thought about offering the guy eighty bucks for it but then I thought...what if he accepts ? Then what'll I do with *that* thing...

...and Al's your uncle.

This one gets me:

"KEEP IN MIND THE CASE AND THE SHIPPING ALONE ARE A $200 VALUE!"

And this one:

"BEEN SEARCHING THE WEB FOR ONE THE PAST FEW MONTHS AND COULDN'T FIND ANY.....NOT EVEN ONE IN BAD SHAPE"

This moron doesn't know about google I guess.

Heres what I found on the "old" Epiphone forum though (Posted by GuitarManXLNT):

"I have a 1999 edition Blue Book of Values, but the only info it has is Mfg'd. from 1989-1992 & has a Floyd Rose Trem system. Original retail price was $599.00. Book shows 100% Mint @ $395; 98% @$350; 95% @$300. Keep in mind, this is the 1999 version of the book, but may give you some kind of idea.

It's all Good - Keep on Rockin'"

This one gets me:

"KEEP IN MIND THE CASE AND THE SHIPPING ALONE ARE A $200 VALUE!"

And this one:

"BEEN SEARCHING THE WEB FOR ONE THE PAST FEW MONTHS AND COULDN'T FIND ANY.....NOT EVEN ONE IN BAD SHAPE"

This moron doesn't know about google I guess.

Heres what I found on the "old" Epiphone forum though (Posted by GuitarManXLNT):

"I have a 1999 edition Blue Book of Values' date=' but the only info it has is Mfg'd. from 1989-1992 & has a Floyd Rose Trem system. Original retail price was $599.00. Book shows 100% Mint @ $395; 98% @$350; 95% @$300. Keep in mind, this is the 1999 version of the book, but may give you some kind of idea.

It's all Good - Keep on Rockin'"[/quote']

You should send that to the Poor Sap who bidded........#-o #-o

...Perhaps I should sell my imitation Fender J Bass for $20' date='000 - it's a collector's item (unfortunately all it collects is dust).

Notes[/quote']

Haha, I have several collector's items if that is the criteria!

And just for the record, it looks like someone made an offer, not placed a bid. An offer can be for any amount. In this case, it shows the 'bidder' retracted his offer with the explanation that he/she entered the wrong amount. Maybe he or she saw this thread and saved a few would-be wasted dollars.

Two timeless quotations come to mind:

"A lie is as good as the truth if you can get somebody to believe it." --- Flip Wilson

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." --- H.L. Mencken

I'm guessing the "poor sap" that bid on it is the same one that is selling it' date=' just under a different name.[/quote']

Now that would be shill bidding, and as we all know, that's not only unethical, but strictly against eBay rules... You don't think this fine seller would stoop so low..... do you?

Now that would be shill bidding' date=' and as we all know, that's not only unethical, but strictly against eBay rules... You don't think this fine seller would stoop so low..... do you?

[/quote']

[-o<

Oh, how could we even think such a thing?!

Checked the bid list after it ended: STATES- One offer, RETRACTED, entered wrong amount. Guess the decimal point did turn out to be a factor after all. Wasn't there a forum member looking for one of these things the other day and he posted the auction listing for one in white? Maybe it was a different model... wonder if he won the one he alerted so many to. Still, I wouldn't turn him on to this: just in case his GAS might have reached critical mass. I truly wonder how some folks arrive at their prices... must be all that quality information coming from GuitarCenter experts set on various cell phone speed dials.

Wedgie

Archived