Gibson Brands Forums

I have a 2005 Les Paul Studio with a Limited Edition

Sinster

Custom Shop stamp on the back of the headstock. I would like to know a little more information about "Limited Edition" my last 4 of my s/n is 2256 so I'm assuming thats the number of this guitar made. If so that doesn't seem a "limited edition" .

"Limited Edtion" means limited to the number thay can sell #-o Well at least that's what I tell people.

Actually my '56 Goldtop (1998) MIK has the same logo, I looked at the new Chinese '56 GT and it didn't have the "Limited Edtion" Logo. Which in a way makes mine more special I think. :D/

"limited Editions" are quite simply occasional production runs to fill programmed orders from the bigger retailers or distributors. They're usually just standard instruments in a non standard finish or with a few altered cosmetic appointments.

Gives the supplier that old marketing tool of "exclusivity" ;^)

It's a good marketing gimmick to make people believe there is a real Epiphone Custom Shop.

The truth still is the guitars come from the same line as the rest of them and it's not a surprise they make thousands of each model.

Would you believe the Zakk Wylde signature LP is a limited edition? I think even my grandmother has one..

It's a good marketing gimmick to make people believe there is a real Epiphone Custom Shop.

The truth still is the guitars come from the same line as the rest of them and it's not a surprise they make thousands of each model.

You mean there's really no such thing as Santa Claus??? O:)

Would you believe the Zakk Wylde signature LP is a limited edition? I think even my grandmother has one..

O:) Pics???

I have 3 LimitEd Epis., all are great guitars. I have found that all most Epis need to be excellent guitars are new PUps and tuners, (sometimes a bridge or some fret work).

I have an SG with the brown flametop - PUps replaced w/Gibson 57 Classics and real Grover tuners. This guitar plays better and sounds getter than 9/10 Gibson I have played, and it looks great.

Also a Les Paul Deluxe in red w/ S.Duncan mini Hums and real Grover tuners, this one needed a fret level to make it great.

And a Joe Perry Boneyard - absolutely stock and absolutely killer in every aspect (tone, playablitiy, looks, weight). This is now my number one guitar (narrowly beating out the above SG), beating out my Gib 56LP, Gib 335, Tokai '59LP, and a bunch of Fender, G&L, Guild and PRS stuff. Unbelievable guitar!O:)

OH shoot, the one in my Avatar is an Epi too. LOL

Archived