Gibson Brands Forums

The Les Paul Ultra II

Manboy

Ok so it looks like i won't be getting the Slash Signature since they want to take everything off of the sites and all that good stuff. I was checking out the Les Paul Ultra II and it looks awesome. With the NanoMag pickup and the Alnico Classics, it sounded awesome from what they had on the video. Has anyone played on before or anyone own one that could let me know how it is? Thanks!

i had the chance to get one when i got my custom + to me... i did not like the idea of the controls on the back of the guitar. just me.. it was a lil too light for me i could deffantly tell a weight diffrence in the 2 guitars.

I see your point. I just thought it was appealing because of the versatility of how you can integrate the NanoMag and the Humbuckers. How did it play?

I've had my Midnight one for about a week now, and can say that it's the most versatile guitar that I've ever owned.

The sounds continue to amaze me. It made my Princeton Recording amp come alive I have a limited edition Birdseye LP, but this is by far, my favorite guitar now. In response to another post, the website certainly does say that the pickup is made by Shadow.

Inside the back cover is a slide switch that lets you change the phase of the Nano. Too bad it's not on the outside. Mine came with it in the out of phase position, which creates some very interesting sounds. I have changed it to "in-phase". If I come up with a way to put an accessible switch on the outside, I will post it.

I wholeheartedly recommend this guitar! The acoustic sound, in a band setting, sounds real. It also adds a great depth and definition to the humbuckers when blended. The most comfortable guitar I've even owned. Mine is a very early release and has gold knobs instead of black. The looks and craftsmanship is absolutely stunning. The neck being an extra 1/16" narrower just makes it so much easier to get your hand around, and bends are effortless.#-o

You know; I had my mind made up that the Slash model was gooa be my next purchase but the more i hear about the new Ultra II I am starting to be sold on this new hybrid model.

I knw man i was the same way. I really had my mind set on that Slash model, but this guitar seems to have so much more versatility with its sounds, so if you wanted to get it to sound Slash you probably could with some combinatino of the Nanomag and the Humbuckers :-p I'm ordering mind sometime this week in Midnight Ebony, can't wait to get it #-o

Archived