Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Heineken Jr.

Crash1281734011

So I've got a question for you guitar enthusiasts. A guy at my college has what is apparently a promotional epiphone les paul Hineken edition jr. guitar. He wants 250 for it. I have been wanting to buy a epiphone les paul standard (retail 400 I believe), should I go for this instead, its in great shape (not a scratch). Also, what limitations come with the Jr. aspect of it, how do they compare to a normal les paul. Thanks a lot guys!

So I've got a question for you guitar enthusiasts. A guy at my college has what is apparently a promotional epiphone les paul Hineken edition jr. guitar. He wants 250 for it. I have been wanting to buy a epiphone les paul standard (retail 400 I believe)' date=' should I go for this instead, its in great shape (not a scratch). Also, what limitations come with the Jr. aspect of it, how do they compare to a normal les paul. Thanks a lot guys![/quote']

i would say no, it is just a guitar with some graphic on it. the other juniors are worth $90. you should get one and mod it or buy a studio or a standard.

The "junior" tag on a Les Paul means it's a flat slab of mahogany-ish wood with only one pickup in the bridge position --- yer basic minimalist student guitar, and usually with a wraparound tailpiece too. The standard is a whole other animal altogether, with a carved alder/maple top over the mahogany body, two humbuckers (and the extra controls to go with 'em), MUCH nicer finish and binding, stoptail/tune-o-matic bridge combination, and a much more complex, rich tone.

Since we're talking beer, here, with the Heineken motif, a Les Paul Standard is like Guinness --- full-flavored, complex, with a legendary history, while the Junior is Miller Lite --- it'll keep you from dying of thirst, but it won't satisfy you if you crave the taste of the real stuff.

Archived