Gibson Brands Forums

Rythym Pickup cuts out - wiring issue?

DotPlayer

My Rythym Pickup cuts out sometimes. I've had a wiring issue before and had it rewired.

Should I take it back? Is it still under warranty? Should I have the authorized shop put in hotter pickups?

I REALLY like the tonal variety from the original pickups. Would she be the same with livelier pickups? (I can always turn up the volume or stomp the pedal if I want more growl.)

Does anyone want to share their experience ?

Most likely just the switch that needs a clean or replacement. Could be something else but the switch is odds on favourite .

[You can quite easily fix a dodgy Epi switch with poor contact pressure on one or both sides...but most folks prefer just to wrag it out and replace with a Switchcraft or high quality Japanese item]

My Rythym Pickup cuts out sometimes. I've had a wiring issue before and had it rewired.

If it works OK when both pickups are on, but cuts out when it's on alone try taking the plastic switch tip off and see if that solves the problem. Sometimes, the bottom of the tip blocks the toggle from going all the way and making contact.

Archived