Gibson Brands Forums

help with s-310? repair

captstaab

I have what I think is a s-310. it has double hummbucker and a 2pt tremolo sytem with fine tuner adjustments. the fine turner assembley cracked in the back and it will not hold adjustment. I have done a bunch of searching on the internet to find out who made the tremolo assembley. any thoughts? I beleive its a mid 80's model (6015134). any help would be great!

I wouldn't worry about locating the original parts or with trying to repair it. The guitar doesn't have any intrinsic collectable value and doesn't need to be in original condition.

Measure the mounting post spread and have a look around. You'll find plenty of decent and reasonably priced aftermarket trem assemblies which should be pretty much a drop in fit =D>

Have a look at some of the Wilkinson stuff for example.

Thanks! I was pretty sure there was any market value on this guitar, but it was the guitar I basically spent my teen to early twentys life playing. It would be nice to make it "Whole" again but at this point I guess just making it work would be nice.

I have what I think is a s-310. it has double hummbucker and a 2pt tremolo sytem with fine tuner adjustments. the fine turner assembley cracked in the back and it will not hold adjustment. I have done a bunch of searching on the internet to find out who made the tremolo assembley. any thoughts? I beleive its a mid 80's model (6015134). any help would be great!

I think I have a couple of import licensed rose trems, too.. these are used but perfect.

I don't really want to scavenge parts.. as I'd wind up with parts I probably would never sell.

they're black.. the fenders are chrome.

I'd need to see a pic .. but if we get the wrong type, you could just send it back anyway.

Good luck.

Archived