Gibson Brands Forums

Please help identify this LP!

mdclark58

Hey everyone, I appreciate your help in advance. I am considering buying a used ebony LP. I think it's a custom- gold hardware. The problem is that the truss cover says GIBSON not LES PAUL, and the tuners are gold "keystone" type tuners, not the type that I see in pics on Musicians Friend. The serial is FN02010407. Can anyone help identify the make of the guitar, and maybe the year? Thanks!

Hey everyone' date=' I appreciate your help in advance. I am considering buying a used ebony LP. I think it's a custom- gold hardware. The problem is that the truss cover says GIBSON not LES PAUL, and the tuners are gold "keystone" type tuners, not the type that I see in pics on Musicians Friend. The serial is FN02010407. Can anyone help identify the make of the guitar, and maybe the year? Thanks![/quote']

Epiphone has used several types of truss rod covers. Most of them say Gibson, I replace all mine with their gibson counterparts anyway so they look nicer and I don't need the gibson name on my epi to feel good about them.

As far as the tuners, I'm not sure. Most I've seen were either greenkeys or kidneys in gold or chrome

If I remember correctly the FN serial number is Fine guitars in Korea.

I thought that they used "FN" to eliminate serial number confusion (sic) between the Fine factory in Korea and the Fuji Gen Gakki in Japan where the Elitists are(were?) built.

Although Rotcanx (spudboy) has me doubting it now since he knows more than I do about Epi's.

Alas, since the guitardater website has disappeared we may never know.

JPW where are you?

Archived