Gibson Brands Forums

white sheratons

sdgails

hey, i have a chance to acquire a white 90s sheraton with case. It also comes with gold gibson 57 classics. what is the approxamate worth? any suggestions greatly appreciated. i also plan to install a gold bigsby if i buy it.i think this will be one beautiful guitar. O:)/

Going rate for a used Sheraton (pre-owned' date=' that is... Not stamped "used") is around $400-$450..

[/quote']

White ones are at a premium, they tend to go a little higher. $450 would be a really good deal, $500 is not unreasonable with case in very good condition. Plus you have Gibby '57 classics...

You're right.. I forgot to take into account that it's a white one.. I wouldn't pay more than $500' date=' though.. But that's just me.. I'm a bargain hound...

[/quote']

I agree, $500 +/- might be the going rate, but if you're patient you can do better. I think I'd go 5 for this one since it has Gibby '57 classics, they're worth a couple of bucks.

You're right.. I forgot to take into account that it's a white one..

I just remembered' date=' there was a really nice young woman on the old forum who had a white Sherry. She was from California, I can't remember her handle. I hope she makes it to the new forum.

[center']

z03.jpg

[/center]

Wait a minute, it was Rainbow Jane or something like that.

hey it's nice to be remembered. :0 hey all! how's everyone been? these new forums are great. nice to be able to log in again

and to the poster..

white sherrys are beautiful guitars. i have one myself. im still thinking of adding another to my collection. they are obviously rare but worth the hunt. i see them on ebay all the time. im currently modifying my sherry. i bought som gfs liverpools pickups, i took off the pickguard, and swapped out the knobs for the ones on my lp custom. i thought the black on white would really make the finish pop.

okay' date=' its a 1997 samick, is that a good year??[/quote']

Mine is 13 years old.

I've swapped the pups.. matter of taste.

I did a very light level crown and polish on it, finally!, and still have enough frets to do again in five or six more years..

the only thing I hate about sheris is the electronics changing hassle.

but I don't think I'd own one if it had a plastic control plate either. so.. I'll just shup about that.

Archived