Gibson Brands Forums

If I recall correctly...

Biff Velvet

There were some Epi flying Vs that looked like the Gibson ones...I believe I've seen them on MF.

Ive had some serious flying V GAS lately and Im not able to justify getting a Gibson V currently...

To clarify, what I think I saw was pretty much the Gibson V just with the Epiphone logo on the headstock...are these around anywhere? If so, how much do they run for? Any one played any of these? Im not refering to the natural colored Epi Vs with the reverse golden V in the bridge, just to clear any confusion.

Thanks.

Yeah they had a "67" Epi Flying V they since discontinued. It had more of the standard Gibson V look to it. Not too long ago MF had some blem's up and then they were gone again. I bought one once and messed with it, but I am more into SG's and Juniors and didn't give it enough playing time. It was a nice setneck V and played pretty well. You can grab one on the bay if you keep your eyes peeled.

This was the MF link for it before they took em away...

Click Here> Epiphone-1967-Flying-V

Just a follow up question...how much did these bad boys cost new? This will help me a lot in determining what would be a fair used price...

Thanks again!

No problem you are most welcome. They were $399US. Save that link in your favs and check it from time to time. MF is weird like that sometimes they can show up again for a day or two. At that time Music123 were blowin them out at $299 and I made MF match it.

Good luck!

Stop being so helpful! Just kidding' date=' you've been a far greater help than the poor guy at the local chain I frequent who tries to push the highest price tag on me.[/quote']

Glad I could help you. Just hang around here and you'll want to buy MANY more guitars. =P~

This place is like GAS central.

Archived