Gibson Brands Forums

Dirty Fingers????

girlsgirlsgirls

The Dirty Fingers have 3 ceramic magnets and they are a very hot and articulate pickup. The Dirty Fingers do not sound like the 496/500 ceramic pickups. It is almost like with the 496/500 they sacrificed some of the voice to get a ton of output, but the Dirty Fingers retained their voice while putting out a lot of power. Most people recommend you keep Dirty Fingers down low in the pickup ring, and away from the strings to enjoy them best. You will either like them or you won't.

I haven't played anything with Dirty Fingers in it, in years and years. I did some looking for you though and the general concensus is that they give a lot of useful midrange, without getting too harsh and brittle on the highs. So they are fairly articulate and are usually considered to be more versatile than the 496/500 ceramics. You get all the high output without losing clarity. If I remember correctly, a lot of people were pulling out the stock pups and putting in DiMarzio Super distortions, or something like that, so Gibson came out with the Dirty Fingers.

Archived