Gibson Brands Forums

Broadway Strings

frogy

Does anyone know what strings come on the Broadway Elitist? I kinda dig them but no one at the store has a clue and has no interest in finding out.

Thanks

Every time I've asked Customer Service about what strings come on an Elitist (or any other Epi or Gibson electric), they reply Gibson Brite Wire 10's, so maybe that's just standard. If they are same strings thst come on the the Elitist Byrdland, I can tell you what they're not, and that's Gibson L5 strings (which you would think is a sensible choice). I also agree with the previous poster about the Thomastik strings--they're excellent.

Red 333

Not to get too far OT, but I've been diggin' the Gretsch strings lately. Bright and twangy like D'addarios but seem a bit more slinky and bendable. Also they last a long time and come with an extra high E and B string. Remember when they all used to come with an extra E ? Maybe I'm just old. :-s

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Guitars-Nickel-Plated-Steel-Light-Guitar-Strings-101370-i1122656.gc

- Jay

They were round wounds but they weren't 10's. 12's at least. I have been using D'addario 12/52s but they die very quickly. I think I will have to try the Thomastik-Infeld strings. I don't know anyone using the rounds but some people really like their flats.

Archived