Gibson Brands Forums

Scoloped Fretboard!?!?

aharps

Hi,

i brought an epiphone sheraton off ebay a couple of years ago. When i recieved it i noticed that someone had for some reason scoloped the first fret and to some degree the second. Just like some metal players use (but they have the whole fretboard obviously). Its really annoying as the guitar is beautiful, just because of it, totaly unplayable. It feels like a big dent in the first fret (for some reason only near the top strings?)

I cant really do anything about returning it as for some reason, i didnt at the time.

So my question is, can i replace the fret board? ive seen some available (non binded) and also read some guides to removing them on the internet (again non bound). Will the binding have any difernce on the removal? i dont mind not having it there if i replace the neck, id rather the guitar play nicely.

Any other ideas would be much welcomed.

Thanks

Anthony

a truly good luthier could cut out a new inlay and also inlay the area with fresh wood if its only those two frets, HOWEVER this may cost you qiute a bit so i would ask first.... give this guy a call-- DAN at LAYS GUITAR 330 848 1392 or laysguitar.com he is a unbelievable.. tell him josh patterson, the lefty with the ford mustang sent you for a qoute...

Archived