Gibson Brands Forums

Can someone show me this chord? Bbmin-dim7?

LOL! Having just actually picked up a guitar and played around on the fretboard, I'd now say that if you don't like that first position chord I suggested, try substituting XX5656. That's what I'd go for, it's just a lot more convenient to grab in a hurry.

Uncle Buck

Is there a difference between Bbdim7 and Bbminordim7? Seems to me that since Bbdim7 already has a minor third in it, they're the same.

There are two relatively easy ways to play it: xx2323 - which is an inversion of xx5656 (as well as xx8989, etc.) - or x12020.

I know just enough about music theory to be ignorant. Somebody lemme know if I got it wrong.

-bs

Is there a difference between Bbdim7 and Bbminordim7? Seems to me that since Bbdim7 already has a minor third in it' date=' they're the same.[/quote']

Agree.

I'm wondering if the person had in mind b7 when they wrote dim7? Maybe they were keen to stress that it was a flat 7 rather than a major 7?

If b7 is intended, then the chord is simply Bbm7 spelt 1 b3 5 b7 or in this case, Bb Db F Ab.

Voicings include:

6x6666

x13121

x 13 11 13 11 x

Bbm maj7 would be spelt 1 b3 5 7 or Bb Db F A.

OWF, what are the chords a few bars each side of the one in question? What is the song? Is it a jazz standard?

RN

Archived