Gibson Brands Forums

Ef-500rcce

1stmasterbilt

Hey all, I just received my 2006 ef-500rcce purchased from elderly. i love, love the sound. What i dont like is the fact that it was described as the canvas covered OHSC actually is a road runner canvas hard/soft case. So i called...i have never had much good luck as a consumer but tell me what you think...heres my two choices-

1.) send it back for full refund

2.) keep it and they credit me 20 bucks

So basically i gotta dish out another 40 bucks or so to get what i thought i already bought.

I have til saturday to decide if im gonna keep this beast...what does everyone think?

From what I understand' date=' the case you got are the standard cases that come with the Masterbilts.

I'd keep it. . .[/quote']

Strange--I'm dealing with an online dealer who is highly regarded for their honesty, and they say the new Masterbilts don't come with any case at all. I'm buying a hardshell case when I buy the guitar (which is still up in the air--waiting to hear that any for sale stock is from the NEW shipment rather than NOS from previous shipments--don't want to get one with a bridge that will lift if it can be at all avoided :) ).

Perhaps b/c this was a 2006 model, it did come with some sort of case.

Dugly

Yeah I know they dont come with cases anymore, my issue is that the website claimed it to be the original hardshell case. When I called them on it, they admitted it was a typo and thats when they offered me the 20 dollar discount. My question is are they being fair. Sweetwater has the correct case for this but its gonna cost me another 60 bucks.

Yeah I know they dont come with cases anymore' date=' my issue is that the website claimed it to be the original hardshell case. When I called them on it, they admitted it was a typo and thats when they offered me the 20 dollar discount. My question is are they being fair. Sweetwater has the correct case for this but its gonna cost me another 60 bucks. [/quote']

Sweetwater is the company with whom I am dealing. I've been incredibly happy with their deals, their service and their emphasis on customer satisfaction. IMHO, you'd be wise to take the $20 refund and put it toward the Sweetwater case. These Masterbilts just seem too nice to take much of a chance with!

Dugly

Right on... i love the guys at sweetwater. you wanna talk about customer service, these guys are the best I have found. I had to wait about two weeks for my first masterbilt case, but they called me the day they took stock and it was at my house the next day. Now it looks as though I will wait a couple weeks for the EF case to arrive, but im sure i'll get it soon after sweetwater does.

p.s. im keeping it

p.p.s. how do i post a picture of my guitars on this site

I never thought there WAS an 'official' case for the EF's....all the ones I've seen on eBay with Cases have been regular hardshells...no particular brand.

I have seen a few in the Genero-standard Masterbilt case with/hygrometer, but from the looks of the breathing room (euphemism) They appear to be the same one that the AJ's and the DR's come with.????

Archived