Gibson Brands Forums

songwriter deluxe

jefleppard

the shop i bought mine from had 2 in stock. one had a slightly orange coloured top and the other's top was noticably lighter. the tones of the two guitars were noticably different as well - one bassy and one a bit jangly. might this have to do with the cut of wood on the top?

thanks. i checked out your page, too. i see you have a songwriter as well. i'm starting to feel the love for mine, though i've only had it a few weeks. of the two in my local store, i bought the bassier one (slightly darker top), changed the strings from 80/20's to bronze. it has quite a nice balance and a lovely overtone ring. the stock pickup ain't bad, either. i'm sold.

I've had mine for about 3 months and have hardly played anything else - including my new 335. I'd seriously love to get hold of a 12 string version but ought to concentrate on feeding the family for a while.

You let me know if and when you want to play with a12 string SWD.

Our mutual friend had done a great job on mine.

You let me know if and when you want to play with a12 string SWD.

Our mutual friend had done a great job on mine.

Hi Johnt. Let me know when you are next in Bulmer and I'll try to get there too. I was tempted to get a SWD 12 instead of the 335 but I've always wanted a 335 being top of my "list of guitars to have before you die". I just don't seem to get round to playing it all. I'll have to get the Doctor to rustle up some cure for me!

gorgeous. you see something like that and you can start to understand why people try to sell their kids on ebay.

Well whatever next?

I didn't realise you could do that. I'll gather em in and post em up.

£0.99 starting price , no reserve.

I do NEED a J-250 Monarch really bad!

i'm really starting to feel the love for mine. i just played it up against a friend's larrivee cutaway mahogany (not sure of the model). the SWD blew it away tonally and for volume as well. gibby 1 - larrivee 0. SWD wad 1200 bucks less as well.

Archived