Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic AJ18S

Seanboy

I'm looking to buy an acoustic guitar, there is someone locally selling an AJ18S for $175, including a hard case. I'm not that familiar with this particular guitar, is this a decent guitar? it is a solid top correct? it seems to be in really good condition, does $175 seem fair? Please respond as soon as possible, I'm thinking I might go purchase it today.

Thanks,

Seanboy

I'm looking to buy an acoustic guitar' date=' there is someone locally selling an AJ18S for $175, including a hard case. I'm not that familiar with this particular guitar, is this a decent guitar? it is a solid top correct? it seems to be in really good condition, does $175 seem fair? Please respond as soon as possible, I'm thinking I might go purchase it today.

Thanks,

Seanboy[/quote']

Yo Seanboy. First things first. You say that it is a AJ18S. AJ18S what??? I own an AJ18SCEVSB. The VSB is vintage Star Burst, the CE is cut-a-way electric. The last letter, who really cares. But the letter/letters after the AJ18S are improtant. Mine is a solid top acoustic electric guitar with a P-7 Shadow-Electronic Pre-amp. WOW!!!!! Solid tops will age with time. Meaning that with proper care your ax will sound better and better, year after year as long as you take care of it. Epiphone no longer makes the AJ18 line. Too bad for them. Epiphone states that the AJ's come/came with Grover tuners. Good tuners. My came with Gotoh tuners. A much better and more costly set of tuners. My ax is circa 1999???? Grate ax. So get the rest of the information and e-mail me back. rohnsr@swbell.net

You say that it is a AJ18S. AJ18S what??? ........the letter/letters after the AJ18S are improtant.

Hey'all .... I have a AJ18SNA, made at the Zaozhuang Saehan plant, China, November 1999, according to guitardaterproject. Has Gotoh tuners, they seem to work fine....have Grovers on my Epi Les Paul, they work fine as well. Hey rohnsr - any idea what the "NA" stands for ?? Natural (as in natural finish) perhaps ??? I dunno. I was told it has a spruce top and mahogany sides/back....I kind of thought that the "S" meant spruce, and not solid. I dunno, hence my asking =D> It's a decent acoustic, at least in terms of what I need from an acoustic.

That would be correct.

Thanks' date=' stone ... 'tis kind of what I assumed, as it is a natural finish...heh ...... tried really thinking too much and came up with "Normally Aspirated. " but, ummm, wellll.......default_eusa_wall.gif it'd be a stretch, eh ? 8-[

the S is for solid and more important than the NA, which is simply cosmetic

solid spruce top, mahogany back, sides and neck, reverse belly rosewood bridge,

bound rosewood fretboard with split diamond inlays

from the link above...

Archived