Gibson Brands Forums

New Junior has arrived !!!

daneman

Well the UPS driver left this while I was at work today, SJ serial # made in china.When I got home my 1st feeling was one of dread,it was only packed in the angled epiphone box !!!But when I opened it up it was also in a gigbag,and arrived safe and sound despite my concerns.(whew!!!!)

Now I am not a fan of any college teams at this time,none the less I have to admit it was danged attractive.

DCFC0057.jpg

This could be extra hard to take all the graphics off,The FS logo below the bridge wraps around to the side,

and the headstock is even decorated.

DCFC0054-2.jpg

Thats when I noticed the single ply black picguard, it has a couple sticky tabs to help position for mounting,so I stuck it on to see how that would look.

DCFC0052.jpg

Dang!!! That looks really nice!!! I think I could get used to the native american/football thingy motif!!!

DCFC0055-1.jpg

So there you have it...needs a bit of set up work.

Oh and can you believe this? that's not a P-90. Some brainy guy JB welded a humbucker into a P-90 case!!!I was trying to figure out why there weren't any pole pieces!!!

Came with,tuners upgraded to Grover LP Style,Gigbag,strap,cable,FS baseball cap. $85+shipping.

Daneman! That's SWEET!

I went to the University of Georgia for a couple of years (until my grades got too low)

and that college was always a bitter rival of ours. But I have to tell you, I'd probably keep her like that!

Like the headstock, and I think the pickguard looks good too! Maybe some day you'll come across a Fla. State fan and they'll offer you a bunch of money for it. You never know.

Its all under the clear coat...If I do anything I'll scuff up the clearcoat enough for paint to stick,and paint that.

To be honest I had no idea that it would look this good. I'll take my time deciding on the finish. Might have to get a mean-90 for this one though. The single hum is ok, It's quiet.Hmmm wonder what It'd be like with a hot humbucker...

Fret work is pretty good,neck relief is zero,needs a tad. But since it was shipped detuned I'll wait a few days and check it again before I tweak that.

Thanks guys!!! Since I already have the Vintage sunburst Jr,I may just leave the finish on this one alone.

Did Epiphone ever make a plain red bolt on single cut Jr? Looking at this one,I think they coulda sold a bunch!!

I've had my junior with the P-90 Dogears for about 6 months now. I've used other P-90's before, but for some reason I seem to get a lot of noise out of these on my Epi. Has anyone else had this problem. Clean it's fine, but there's a consistant hummm..... when I slap on my amps distortion.

Thanks guys!!!

Jay ,I think I'll hold off on the sander for now!!But thanks LOL

Got the nut slots lightly sanded and graphited, seems to be holding tune pretty well.Played it through my Digitech Rp-80 1/2 stack setting,with my little beringer set for medium overdrive,so in other words,double overdrive HEE HEE,

And whatever pickup this is it's quiet,and far enough from the strings it seems to be in a sweet spot,this little guitar sounds raunchy...ZZtop type tones,squeal. If this is the stock epiphone pickup mounted in the P-90 cover,then I'm Impressed.

DCFC0061-1-1.jpg

Those Florida State football fans are fanatics.

Get one liquored up enough and you could make a nice substantial profit on that guitar.

Or go to Tallahassee and play it in the stadium parking lot before a game with a bucket for money and you could make some good quick cash.

Got in late here Dane long day today...But glad to see it arrived and is doing ya right! Pretty unique mount for the P90 cover over a hbucker! I could have sworn it was a P90..well...as long as your happy and as long it arrived in ONE piece is all that counts! ENJOY! :)

Archived