Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson Sig model.........

Manimal

It's pretty awesome! Did you guys check out the specs? Double cut, BB3 at the bridge, tone and volume witch-hat knobs, kill-switch positioned by the knobs, ebony fretboard, worn white, grover tuners, worn white finish, HSC. Pretty sweet!!!

The MSRP is $839 so I imagine the sale price will be around $675 give or take a bit. I actually don't even really like Joan Jett but this is a pretty interesting axe! I love melody makers and Jr.'s!!!

Hey' date=' now, that's sweet. The Gibson web site states an msrp of $839. Take off 1/3 to get it down to street price and that comes to $560. [/quote']

Zaphod,

If this thing comes in under $600 with HSC, I'm going to buy a chick guitar and like it LOL!!!

any word when this one becomes available?

I'm not sure. I seriously might buy it though. I was thinking about getting one of the regular SC MM's or maybe the Nashville DC Jr. if I could find one, but this is like a combo of both almost with an Ebony board and comes with the case. I need this broad's signature guitar!!!

Where Joan is concerned' date=' I don't know if this model qualifies as a "chick" guitar.[/quote']

Agreed. Joan Jett is no "chick;" she's a rocker through and through.

It's a very cool guitar; the only thing that would give me pause is that is has just one pickup. That's fine with Joan Jett's brand of rock and roll but I find that I don't pick up my SG Junior that often because it has only one sound - it's a helluva sound, but I tend to switch around a bit.

I am totally stoked about this model.

Stripped down' date=' no BS, and certainly one of the more unique shapes Gibson has that you don't see every day. Screw the regular Melody Makers!

TOTALLY getting one.[/quote']

You and me both man!!! Where I have an 06 Standard that covers quite a bit of ground, this thing is an all-out stripped down rocker that you won't have to worry about it gettin' beat on. Probably highly playable with that worn finish. And again, comes with a hard case!!! From what I've been told yesterday, Gibson has allready shipped the first batch, so chances are they will start showing up within the next couple of weeks!!! My stupid quest and GAS obsession for this guitar is official. I am buying this, period.

Archived