Gibson Brands Forums

Bone pins

TWilson

Well that's weird. I posted text with that link but it didn't show up?

Anyway, Terry, Colosi only has one 's'.... maybe that's why your search didn't bring it up? He's the best, you'll be happy with Bob's products.

Well that's weird. I posted text with that link but it didn't show up?

Anyway' date=' Terry, Colosi only has one 's'.... maybe that's why your search didn't bring it up? He's the best, you'll be happy with Bob's products.[/quote']

Thanks Karen! I uzyoualee spel reel gude.

Gesuntite! (sp?)

hi, gilliangirl and fellow canuck. gesundheit. german for 'good health'. which makes more sense to me than 'bless you'. simplistic, religious fanatics of old began saying this believing that the sneeze was a way of ridding the body and soul of demons. well, true enough, an allergen or microfibre might be considered a kind of demon but do they really make us bad people? enough to warrent a blessing? hmmm, methinks i digress a bit.

go flames!

hi' date=' gilliangirl and fellow canuck. gesundheit. german for 'good health'. which makes more sense to me than 'bless you'. simplistic, religious fanatics of old began saying this believing that the sneeze was a way of ridding the body and soul of demons. well, true enough, an allergen or microfibre might be considered a kind of demon but do they really make us bad people? enough to warrent a blessing? hmmm, methinks i digress a bit.

go flames![/quote']

I had heard that the "Bless You" response to a sneeze came from the days of plagues like "The Black Death" .

Basically if you sneezed there was a pretty good chance you had the plague and weren't long for the world. It was just polite to Bless the person on their journey to meet their maker.

I had heard that the "Bless You" response to a sneeze came from the days of plagues like "The Black Death" .

Basically if you sneezed there was a pretty good chance you had the plague and weren't long for the world. It was just polite to Bless the person on their journey to meet their maker.

Quite correct. I refer you also to the Nursery Rhyme "Ring a Ring o' Roses" which also originates from the days of the Plague in London. The Great Fire of London of 1666 eventually sorted this problem.

What I would really like is a set of pins for my SWD12 which woulld just loose themselves in the bridge, i.e the same colour.

The bridge is Ebony and having checked the site recommended above the nearest seem to be Buffalo horn. Without hiking to Georgia its a bit difficult to know if they'd match.

Any ideas or alternatives please, I am so used to rosewood pins on the J45 hiding themselves and would like to get the same effect.

Thansk

EDIT No worries folks I found them right under my nose!

Quite correct. I refer you also to the Nursery Rhyme "Ring a Ring o' Roses" which also originates from the days of the Plague in London. The Great Fire of London of 1666 eventually sorted this problem.

yes, the red ring-shaped rash that was the telltale sign of the plague...ashes, ashes..we all fall down....dead.

Archived