Gibson Brands Forums

Blues King!!

skipm

I have been so busy with life changes, that I have not had much of a chance to post here lately, but this news is too good to keep to myself! I have been looking for a small-bodied acoustic for playing blues. I was about ready to give up when I came across a Gibson Blues King for a great price. I jumped on it, because it was one of the guitars on my short list, being the die-hard Gibson guy that I am :-) I thought it was a lightly used guitar, but when it arrived it was even better than I thought! It was delivered while I was at work and my wife stuck it in the office. I headed straight for the office when I got home and the first thing I noticed was that it came in a Gibson factory box and I was thinking hmmmmmm. I opened it up and I saw immediately that the case (gig bag) was perfect, not a spot on it. I pulled it out, opened up the gig bag and I could smell lacquer and new wood smell! Sooooooo...I unzip the pocket on the gig bag and find all of the factory paperwork including the inspection card and the Gibson Acoustic Pick that only comes with a new guitar!!! I scored an NOS Blues King from a dealer, so I still get the full warranty and the best part of all was the price...are you ready...$1250!!! I'm still pinching myself...

Congrats! This is a great guitar. I love my 04 Blues KIng, I can't put it down. Great price too, I got mine in like new condition for $1250 last summer. Getting the warranty, etc. is even better.

Is yours mahogony?

If you want a hardshell case. The Guardian available from Elderly and the Canadian Case from fincase both fit it well.

Let us know how you like the tone, playability, etc.

Thanks everyone O:)! I am so happy with this guitar, it is just what I was hoping it would be. I had a Larrivee parlor, but it was really flat without much depth. This BK has good tone already and will only get better as it is played in. I am already learning how to coax more sound out of it. Ed mine is Bubinga, thanks for the heads up on the cases. I definitely want a hard case for it...not a big fan of gig bags and this is too great of a guitar to take a chance on it getting damaged. I think Gibson really messed up not providing a hard case for this guitar. Sal, you would love it =P~ . I am really happy with this one! I think I can get more tone out of it with mediums, so that is the first change I plan to make. After that a bone saddle...

Always great to hear of a happy mans new purchase.

Congrats Jeff I hope it makes you very far from Blue!

But all these new boxes does re-generate my GAS attack

especially as I am just about to drive 50 miles to the nearest decent guitar store to sort out some ebony pins for my SWD.

If they've got a J200 I can feel a PX coming on and IF they have a 300 then it's a cert!

Anyway back to the point >>>>>>Well done Jeff

Always great to hear of a happy mans new purchase.

Congrats Jeff I hope it makes you very far from Blue!

But all these new boxes does re-generate my GAS attack

especially as I am just about to drive 50 miles to the nearest decent guitar store to sort out some ebony pins for my SWD.

If they've got a J200 I can feel a PX coming on and IF they have a 300 then it's a cert!

Anyway back to the point >>>>>>Well done Jeff

I'd be interested to know if it makes a difference on your SWD i.e. to the ear as well as the eye. (Happy to be convinced on this point.) If so, tell me where you get the pins as I'd consider the same on mine.

Archived