Gibson Brands Forums

EPOCH ..THE NEW EPI ????

Has anyone seen those crappy epoch branded guitars apparently gibson have released?

ebay is awash with them , l/p, sg models ..box artsays some badly written stuff about gibson/baldwin inspired,and comeswith amp,strap,piks and other cheap asian stuff

What do you guys think about these bad knockoffs?

W W

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260253546917

30.00 shipping..

paint looks nice..

carved top? looks like it.

bolt neck..

I don't see how you could go wrong for under a hundred bucks.

seem to be a couple of them.. epock and signature series..which is awfully cute marketing.. hey why put a signature on it.. just call it signature.

wonder who'll be brave enough to try one..

captain midnight... I think it's calling your name!

*G*

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260253546917

30.00 shipping..

paint looks nice..

carved top? looks like it.

bolt neck..

I don't see how you could go wrong for under a hundred bucks.

seem to be a couple of them.. epock and signature series..which is awfully cute marketing.. hey why put a signature on it.. just call it signature.

wonder who'll be brave enough to try one..

captain midnight... I think it's calling your name!

*G*

Hey Twang...I am thirfty not "cheap"...lol

Thanks but no thanks I'll stick with my Epi studio, the peavey reactor for now...but I did find a nice sheraton in natural, and a NOS Gibson melody maker still in the box at a local pawn shop for around 400 bucks apiece...think I'll save up for one of those!

Capt

=;

DO NOT waste your money on this. It is pure J U N K! You wanna spend a 100 bucks? But an Epi Junior and mod it, but do yourself a favor and stay FAR away from these. I picked one up in my hands at BestBuy once just for giggles and that's just what I got...giggles. :)

• 11 years later...
On 6/21/2008 at 8:05 PM, wiltshire willy said:

Has anyone seen those crappy epoch branded guitars apparently gibson have released?

ebay is awash with them , l/p, sg models ..box artsays some badly written stuff about gibson/baldwin inspired,and comeswith amp,strap,piks and other cheap asian stuff

What do you guys think about these bad knockoffs?

W W

I bought one from a pawn shop for 116.00 it is an okay guitar but needs some work like a new nut and looks like the previous owner did some knob replacements to an off white color and switched the 3 way switch under your hand instead of the middle the saddle has been adjusted like it was buzzing somewhere and he moved it. To fix the buzz but the nut needs to be replaced not sure the dimensions for the nut. And the top e string on the 9th fret buzzes a little bit maybe need a filed I am not a guitar tech. So not sure what to do but other than that is a decent guitar.