Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone using a BitMO 10-Uator ?

I had an idea. Rat Shack has enclosers that would work. I ordered the 10-uator with just the face. I'm going to get an enclosure and build the 10-uator in that and mount that to the back of the VJr. No mutilation and I can use it on another amp is I want. Pictures when I get back from Rat Shack.

HOLY MOTHER OF PEARLE!!! Get it, do it, love it. I stayed up late last night and put her together. No big deal, just triple check your work before you plug her in. I went ahead and mounted it in a box since I'm heading out this afternoon but I will probably mount it as shown in the post above.

The Sound:

You know when you crank up your VJr and get those sweet, crunchy, sustainy tones? You know how you put your amp in the house and you go sit on the porch so you can crank her up to eleven and not blow out your ear drums? Well now you don't have to and to me it sounds great. I didn't expect a whole lot but it rawks! It is a must have. I have visions of sounding like Billy Gibbons now. This is as good as any mod I have done to her.

TIP - Your line out also controls your volume. I had mine at 0 (for soldering) and thought, "what the? It's barely loud enough to hear!" Then I cranked the line out up and all was well.

I will now resume my VJr playing experience - PHOTOS TO FOLLOW

And the pics of this amazing box of toney goodness....

10u1.jpg

10u2.jpg

10u3.jpg

10u4.jpg

10u5.jpg

Glad you like it billy...but it's just an $8.95 L-pad with a cap to put back some high freqs at maximum attenuation.....and then a couple of resistors and a pot for a line out and thats it! Not much to it really.

I know I'm way over paying for the kit BUT I know I would never track it all down, figure it all out, learn to read a schematic. If I waited until I did all that I know I would never do it. The good news is now I know how to make myself one if I need another and I figure all of this will lead to read modding instead of kit modding. Plus, now I have some great tone without making my ears bleed.

Oh yeah, it I think it looks pretty cool too.

Between the new sounds from the Trio mods and the 10-uator the only thing I think might be missing is reverb. My Tele is very bright and twangy with the VJr now. It can also get a nice bluesy thickness as well. I did get out a 68 Ovation Thunderbolt (335 knockoff) withhumbuckers and it was nowhere near as clean or bright. It was pretty dark. I'd say the VJr likes the single coils.

I did the mod to the VT999 tube pedal as well. I have mostly been soldering wires together and haven't had hours to play with it but I don't know how it's going to outdo what I have on board now with Trio mods and the 10-uator. I think I'm to the point where I can go back to picking.

Archived