Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone slingshot 25r

Tikicaster

Greeting's,this Is my first post here,I was wondering Is the slingshot series of amp's the "bastard child" of the epiphone line,seem's that there's nothing written about them anywhere.I bought one about a year ago because I wanted a small for inside the house.I have a 70's fender bassman50 and cab that,s to big to keep inside, and I was tired of going out to the garage to play.I paid $45.00 at guitar center for it ,a bit muddy sounding at first, I replaced the stock speaker with a jensen I had laying around.It sound's pretty good clean,and it break's up really dirty with the drive channel, anybody else out there have one or,am I the only one that gambled the $45.00 on it.

• 2 years later...

Greeting's,this Is my first post here,I was wondering Is the slingshot series of amp's the "bastard child" of the epiphone line,seem's that there's nothing written about them anywhere.I bought one about a year ago because I wanted a small for inside the house.I have a 70's fender bassman50 and cab that,s to big to keep inside, and I was tired of going out to the garage to play.I paid $45.00 at guitar center for it ,a bit muddy sounding at first, I replaced the stock speaker with a jensen I had laying around.It sound's pretty good clean,and it break's up really dirty with the drive channel, anybody else out there have one or,am I the only one that gambled the $45.00 on it.

I have one. I found it in a local auction-ad-ebay-craiglist-type-webpage. Caught my eye with that serious and dark look. But, like you say, nothing written about it. The seller let me plug in my guitar before take my money out of my wallet. The clean channel sounds really nice, but when in high gain... I don´t know, I like the sound in a morbid way. Let me explain, I think in that moment "oh boy, sounds pretty bad, but sexy". Yesterday I was jammin with myself and put the mic in the front of the amp (shure sm57). I only use one pedal, a ISP Decimator Noise Reduction. The reverb comes from the amp. I use a midi keyboard and a sampler of drums sound. Then I mix the whole thing and upload the jam to youtube. When I mixing the "out of tempo jam" I think in the girls of the James Bond films. If one of you search Epiphone Slingshot 25R that video comes out. I uploaded a minutes ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSqniWMUXkU

Then, I gambled too.

Sorry if I misspelled, english it's not my language.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I have a pair in use azs monitors off a VLZ4 1202. They have a warmth and grit I kinda like, they sit well in a mix. I run stereo keys or stereo guitars through them, they keep up with drumkit quite nicely.

Another pair I would like.Not a half stack, but a pleasing tone too be sure, dont wide open them though, the rectifiers give out.

Archived