Gibson Brands Forums

Which 12 string?

albertjohn

Reference my poll regarding my proposal to get rid of my 335 for a SWD12. I've decided to keep the 335 and trade my Takamine EG523SC for an equivalent 12 string. I reckon the Tak will fetch £250-£300 say $£500-$600 which is clearly not in Gibson territory.

So, I know it's not Gibson but, what say you?

albertjohn- I don't really play the 12-string all that much but once in a while I like to pull it out an play songs that I think sound good on it and then all the songs I normally play on my 6-strings. It's a nice diversion and good fun. I purchased an inexpensive Alvarez with a very nice solid spruce top and laminate hog sides and back. It has a low action, easy on the fingers, tuned down a whole step and fun to play. The frequency that I play it doesn't warrant anything more. I'm glad I have one, however.

Reference my poll regarding my proposal to get rid of my 335 for a SWD12. I've decided to keep the 335 and trade my Takamine EG523SC for an equivalent 12 string. I reckon the Tak will fetch £250-£300 say $£500-$600 which is clearly not in Gibson territory.

So' date=' I know it's not Gibson but, what say you?[/quote']

AJ you have really nasty GAS attack mate. The sort that makes you examine your trousers!

In s previous post you extolled the virtues of you Adam Smith (?) which has been touched by the mighty one from Bulmer. What's wrong with keeping that?

You could go a seagull/Simon Patrick?

Ovation? unless like me you have a gut!

Epi

The dreaded "vintage" Eko Ranger/rancho

Taki

The best I ever had was an Aria John Pearse (laminated top and all)

Follow the bearded guru and Alvarez

Lots of choice these days

Whatever you do stay away from this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/****-KNIGHT-12-STRING-ACOUSTIC-FABULUOUS_W0QQitemZ330243835565QQihZ014QQcategoryZ2385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No I am joking it looks really good and I'd go straight for it but it'll make a hole in my J300 plot!

Ask the mighty one about **** Knight, he's hell of a reputation and that looks a really nice box

Go on you know you want to!

BR

J

hey' date=' johnT, i know its not nice to tease, but i couldn't resist!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Gibson-SJ300-Acoustic-Guitar_W0QQitemZ320263396679QQihZ011QQcategoryZ2385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote']

Oh Jeff thanks

Can yopu find me a SB at about 2/3 of the price.

I just have a nasty feeling I can going to buy another 12 string this w/e

BTW If you want that lobster pic, very happy to mail you a .zip. we took some pics of some guy advertising a sea food restaurant in Florida.

You'd then get an avatar to complement your motto

sure' date=' JT, thanks. send it to me at cunkhead@yahoo.com . are you buying the Knight? looks very nice. lots of nice gibbys on ebay right now, as well. [/quote']

You got mail.

Re The Knight > I have broached the subject with "Her In doors" and she's gone quiet. It's sitting at £270 approx $430 US at moment. I think it will top $750 and at that price I am not sure.

A BIN price of £300 would see the case in my rack tonight but $750 is 25% (ish) of A SB J-300.

Or put another way about 4 % of a J-250 Monarch

We'll see.

BR

John

You got mail.

Re The Knight > I have broached the subject with "Her In doors" and she's gone quiet. It's sitting at £270 approx $430 US at moment. I think it will top $750 and at that price I am not sure.

A BIN price of £300 would see the case in my rack tonight but $750 is 25% (ish) of A SB J-300.

Or put another way about 4 % of a J-250 Monarch

We'll see.

BR

John

Wrong again re the **** Knight!

I decided to have a pot and set myself £600 max, it went for £771 which is lower Gibbo money and exactly £29 less than I paid for my SWD12.

So the way I view it now is that my wife actually offered to chuck £200 in the pot for the Knight so I now "own" approx 64% of a J-300 and I have one "wife's Ok to buy another guitar"voucher in credit.

Happy days!

Archived