Gibson Brands Forums

First Day of SUMMER!!

Hoss

The question is: will we hit 60 degrees?? (answer: "YUP"!) Today, we're supposed to crack 70, for crying out loud. I can count on one hand the number of times that's happened this year. And then saturday- back to showers and 60 degrees...

Mrs. Hoss and I are celebrating regardless: at 4:59 pm, pacific time's official start of summer- we shall crack open the first of the 'summer wine' and enjoy the back patio and garden. I've taken the afternoon off--- to play some gibson guitars. ( am rehearsing for a recording gig tomorrow afternoon and playing for a square dance in the evening. Lot's of playing coming up!!)

This might seem like a lot to do over nothing, but man, when you live in the pacific northwest, you really appreciate summer. And by and large- this is the best place to spend summer in the WHOLE USA. (don't know about GB..)

The question is: will we hit 60 degrees?? (answer: "YUP"!) Today' date=' we're supposed to crack 70, for crying out loud. I can count on one hand the number of times that's happened this year. And then saturday- back to showers and 60 degrees...

Mrs. Hoss and I are celebrating regardless: at 4:59 pm, pacific time's official start of summer- we shall crack open the first of the 'summer wine' and enjoy the back patio and garden. I've taken the afternoon off--- to play some gibson guitars. ( am rehearsing for a recording gig tomorrow afternoon and playing for a square dance in the evening. Lot's of playing coming up!!)

This might seem like a lot to do over nothing, but man, when you live in the pacific northwest, you really appreciate summer. And by and large- this is the best place to spend summer in the WHOLE USA. (don't know about GB..)[/quote']

We might have to come and visit Hoss and Mrs. Hoss for some summer wine some summer day.

:-)

Fred

Humidity?? In the Summer? Well- it's just north of borderline. say 55 percent. Not enough to hurt the guitars, and not enough to ever get uncomfortable for the guitar owners.

Shrimer- drop-ins welcome. Just make certain your papers are all in order so you can get here. (we are VERY serious about our security in this country!! )

Hey, Hoss, e-mails like yours make me wish even more that it was this time next year - this time next year, I'm retired from the Army and sitting on the front porch on a farm in the foothills of the Green Mountains, just a pickin' and a grinnin'...

It will occasionally get up into the 80's there during the summer, but the summer evenings are just AWESOME....

Buffalo-

YOu're talkin' home to me! (If you're talking 'Verde Monte'.) Where abouts are you gonna settle down?

I can take the summers there (even with the humidity) but I think I'm done with that kind of winter. We're thinking of Berkshires and south for a nice resting spot.

Hoss, not Verde Monte, but darn close. I'll be in New York, right across the border from Bennington County. I don't mind the winters so much. I like the cold (especially with a wood stove going), I like the snow (occasionally inconvenient, but always beautiful), and frankly, as I repeatedly told myself during my time in the sandbox, I've earned the right to ***** anytime the temperature gets above eighty....

The Berkshires are gorgeous too - man I love New England. While technically I'm not in New England because of the side of the border I'm on, its all I see when I look off the porch. And you know, where I am, I see as many Sox hats when I drive a few miles to the Stewarts as I do Mets and Yanks... And the strongest TV station comes in from North Adams, MA....

Archived