Gibson Brands Forums

here is my original Jumbo...

markwillplay

Thanks for sharing that. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Gives me a good reason to do what I cam home to do, play my SJ-200! Unfortunately, I can't play what you just played, but it gives me hope and inspitation. I'm an old Folk guy but I appreciate everything .

Very sweet tune. Thanks for sharing.

Which model is that? Back and side woods? Sorry to ask but I'm just discovering Gibson acoustics after years of other "igh end" brands. There is something "organic" about them.

yup' date=' I wrote that one...don't post any covers really.

That is my gibson original jumbo reissue..adi/hog...I love that guitar.[/quote']

great stuff. had me thinking of lyle lovett a little bit. i have an OJ myself. what strings have you got on yours?

rob

Mark I really loved that man. Great tone from the Gibson' date=' great tone from the voice, and very cool lyrics. Man is there any way you could post the chord progression of that song? I loved it and want to learn to play it. Thanks[/quote']

Mark,

Maybe add the lyrics too, man.

Fred

yall's too kind. I have the lyrics somewhere but not posted on my website markcrawfordwilliams.com I'll get them and post them. You should check out the tune A New Start and listen to that 0000-18 gruhns model. I was actually really impressed by the crude recorded tone of that one. Totally different, but, really woody and fat if you ask me. Here is a direct link http://youtube.com/watch?v=PsJWjh-tsig

Mark, that is a really great tune. I thought your guitar playing was really creative. You present the tune well too, with nothing more than letting the song speak for itself. I especially like when you sing in unison to your guitar licks. Nice job.

A solid blues tune.

(I play an original jumbo as well man, love mine too!)

Mark:

Two nice songs. Nice smooth vocal as well. Thanks for sharing.

You have great taste in guitars brother. The Gruhn 0000-18 has always had my eye. I almost pulled the trigger on the 0000-16 but couldn't do it without playing it first.

The neck looks pretty beefy. Is it a fairly low profile for 1.75" or does it feel substantilly larger than your 1.72" Original Jumbo neck?

Mike

neck on the gibby is full 1.75 with a v but full profile..Love it. the neck on the martin is a modified V 1.75 and a little shallower. I did not like it as much at first but I have come to like it. I like bigger necks and really like a slight V with a full profile. the best neck I have ever played was on a cruz OM/PW. I would put that neck on all my guitars if I could. I can't stand gibson's 1 23/32 low profile neck actually. that is why I would never buy a j45 or more recent AJ.

Archived