Gibson Brands Forums

'68 B15 in the house!!

Jinder

Well...I took the plunge and went up to London to meet with a great guy who trades vintage guitars from home, and sat and played a '68 Spruce B15, a '68 Mahogany B15, a '65 LG0, a '64 B25, and a '59 LG1.

What a joy!! I ended up going for the Mahogany B15, as much as I loved all the others, especially the LG1, the Hog B15 was my favourite. And the second cheapest of the bunch!!

It's SUPER clean, plays like butter and has a rich, luxurious and responsive sound. Totally unlike any other small bodied or ladder braced guitar I've ever played, and possibly my favourite of all the guitars I own at the moment! I couldn't be happier.

Joy all around!!

If anyone knows how to post an image, here is a link:

http://www.glennsguitars.com/guitars/gibson/page44/files/page44-1000-full.jpg

I am so surprised by this guitar. The neck is skinny, but not uncomfortably so, just quick. What a lovely find!

Thanks Nid! Aren't they great couch guitars? My B15 is so much less cumbersome that my other Gibsons, I've been toting the thing all over the house and playing it all the time, it's so comfortable to play. I am just so blown away by the sound, I've never liked all-Hog guitars before, but I went along expecting to buy the Spruce/Hog B15 the guy had in stock, and the Hog B15 just blew it out of the water by a mile.

I keep having thoughts about his '59 LG1 though, that was a stunner. I wish I could have had them both! I'm rather concerned that I may have caught the Vintage bug :-)

Jinder congrats on the new addition.... no 12 string for the moment then?

When you were up at Glenns did you happen to see that 79 J45, I have a friend who's looking for one and would be interested in your opinion

Thanks

John

Archived